38% of Americans fail the citizenship test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you give a bunch of people a test that have been out of school for years, and haven't paid any attention to other than their personal lives in that time, and then compare them to people who have been boning up for the test, what else would you expect? Quite typical of Newsweak, though.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just downloaded the questions last week for my sister-inlaw to study and they are a lot harder than the ones asked 5 years ago when my wife took the test.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just went through and took it...spaced on the name of the speaker of the house...not really any trick questions...I can see the difficulty for an immigrant but seriously no excuse for someone who grew up in America...

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50% of that 38% are probably the kind of folks who are working 80 hours a week to make ends meet plus trying to raise a family, people who don't have time to keep up to date on who the latest crook in Washington is.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
50% of that 38% are probably the kind of folks who are working 80 hours a week to make ends meet plus trying to raise a family, people who don't have time to keep up to date on who the latest crook in Washington is.

thats a good excuse to not know what the law of the land is, or who we fought in WWII. :teach:
good to see some democrats on the board tho :blush:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lots of those questions were trivia that doesn't really have anything to do with being a good citizen. However, if you don't know what the US's economic system is or what the powers of the Federal government are, you shouldn't be voting IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom