6mm Arc brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where to get 6mm Arc brass? I have had 200 cases on order from Opticsplanet for two years now and it ain't looking good.

I have converted Hornady and Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass but am not satisfied with the accuracy (along with 6.5 Grendel brass is about as hard to find as 6mm Arc).

Thanks,

Ed

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only found one company showing stock from a quick google search, but it looked sketchy. Website registered only a year ago to an address in Denver, but website shows they are headquartered in Orlando.

Hard pass.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where to get 6mm Arc brass? I have had 200 cases on order from Opticsplanet for two years now and it ain't looking good.

I have converted Hornady and Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass but am not satisfied with the accuracy (along with 6.5 Grendel brass is about as hard to find as 6mm Arc).

Thanks,

Ed
https://www.usreloadingsupply.com/6mm-arc-once-fired-brass
it's once fired but cleaned and ready.
How do you like your 6mm ARC? There was a lot of talk about it becoming the new military standard issue ammo, but not now.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Only found one company showing stock from a quick google search, but it looked sketchy. Website registered only a year ago to an address in Denver, but website shows they are headquartered in Orlando.

Hard pass.
Yeah, I think I saw that one ... and I ran.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.usreloadingsupply.com/6mm-arc-once-fired-brass
it's once fired but cleaned and ready.
How do you like your 6mm ARC? There was a lot of talk about it becoming the new military standard issue ammo, but not now.
I missed that one and will swing by before bed!

I have it in an AR with a Satern barrel and really like it. I have been using 105 Bergers with LeverEvolution and it is a shooter. It usually produces 1/2 to 3/4 MOA groups on calm days even out to 400 yards.

I had to buy a box of Hornady 105 Black loaded ammo just to get cases and they are getting pretty tired now.

I'm needing brass bad! Ha!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed that one and will swing by before bed!

I have it in an AR with a Satern barrel and really like it. I have been using 105 Bergers with LeverEvolution and it is a shooter. It usually produces 1/2 to 3/4 MOA groups on calm days even out to 400 yards.

I had to buy a box of Hornady 105 Black loaded ammo just to get cases and they are getting pretty tired now.

I'm needing brass bad! Ha!
Hope that helped. I thought I'd seen the ARC on the shelves at Attwood as loaded ammo, but not brass anywhere. Big 6mm fan myself.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Brass has indeed been its downfall. Hornady rolled this thing out, hyped it up then only dribbled out loaded ammo (the 105 Black shot like crap out of mine but I did get cases!). However, mine has pretty much lived up to most of the hype so far, just need more brass.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that it wasn't picked up as much by the other manufacturers will hurt the overall longevity of the cartridge (like 6.8 Western for example). That and it was thrown into the great 6mm cartridge arena in an age that has plenty of competition with so many options that use more avaliable components like brass and bolt heads (6mm BR and variants, 6mm GT, 6CM etc...).

I hope that the 6 ARC stays alive and hopefully the AR market segment allows that to happen. I enjoy the 6.5 Grendel for hunting, but I see the advantage of the 6 ARC for target shooting.

I've seen where guys have converted Lapua .220 Russian brass. Have you looked into that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom