6mm Arc brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed Lapua and Starline way back about making 6 Arc brass and they both said as much as "Maybe ... one of these days". Then Lapua dropped the 6.5 Grendel.

No, I haven't tried the .220 Russian to 6 ARC yet, but I have tried 7.62x39 though and I failed miserably while others seem to have succeeded. The 6.5 Grendel to 6 Arc worked a lot better for me.

What I have seen with converting 6.5 Grendel to 6 Arc are flyers. On my last attempt, I converted 5 of a buddies new Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass to 6 Arc and saw it took a couple of firings to get the cases to settle into the headspace (eek!...more primers, powder and bullets!) then 4 of these shoot pretty tight groups with 1 always being a 1" flyer out of the group. It measures the same as the others, but something is amiss with it. Earlier, I also converted a small batch of Hornady 6.5 Grendel used brass with the same mixed results. Granted, this is a very small sample to be making decisions on, but with the cost/availability of primers alone has made me a little leery of going down this path. Spending a lot of time and money to get 1.5-2.0 MOA groups ain't real exciting to me. Ha!

Maybe someone out there that has converted a lot of cases to 6 Arc and shoots long range will chime in to tell me to relax and go use "this" ... whatever "this" is. Otherwise, I basically have decided to eat the cost of another box of loaded ammo just to get the cases while waiting on the never fulfilled OpticsPlanet order to ship.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some are using, something like 6mm ppc, or 6x47. They say it chamber and
Shoot, then basically fire forms the brass. Sorry I can't remember which case it is.
I will try and see if I can find out for sure. I got lucky early and got 100 new brass, and
Have 220 once fired from factory ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom