A/C coil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA guy is here. Says there is mold inside the plenum and it needs to be replaced and a UV light put in it. No leak found but because we keep it cool the unit runs enough things never get a chance to totally dry.

ShaneP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
General rule for HVAC, don't ever call anyone that advertises on TV or Radio. They're not "service" companies. They're sales companies.
UV light should fix your issue. They can also throw some pan tabs in the drain pan to keep it from collecting funk. I don't do residential HVAC, so I'm not certain, but I believe even the lower grade "builders" model stuff would have a 5 year warranty on the part.

HippyG22M3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this an HVAC company you completely trust? Before dropping money I would get a second opinion, especially if your system is running and cooling just fine!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK no leak but condensation in the plenum and some ripped ducts. Going to have to wait until next year if we get a refund. This year's is pretty much gone.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it still cooling has it run out of freon in last year or two. Probably a trick to get some work out of you. Unless they put a hole in it cleaning it. Did AC for a few years don’t panic and rush out annd spend a bunch of money wait till it quits cooling.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK no leak but condensation in the plenum and some ripped ducts. Going to have to wait until next year if we get a refund. This year's is pretty much gone.
So you have ducts that are venting in to the attic? I’m not expert but can’t they just be taped with something strong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom