A/c ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you are right on the caps,I had six last week ,one that had the two condensor fan motors (Carrier w/10/10uf/370 dual fan cap)so hot it set off the duct detector from min OA being drawn in,and Trane has a huge quantity of 5-7.5uf made in mexico that are guarenteed to fail within warranty period

I hear ya, I set Ruud equipment and they have the same problems. You cannot buy a decent run cap anymore! I've tried every brand. Seems like the dials are the worst. I usually put 2 singles when I replace.

Checked a run cap on a 30 plus year old unit that I replaced a couple months ago. Original cap uf was right on the money. Probably half the size of a gallon gas can and probably had 2 quarts pcb.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No jabs taken at all,I enjoy conversations like this,you never know what you might learn,and e erytbi.g has turned to crap,I use to praise Trane for equipment quality and what I have seen in the past few years has changed my mind and alot of it is the manufacturers they buy from, perferct example being the TXV recalls on the new all aluminum a coils,Hunton distribution told me they have had almost a 90% failure rate and there are alot of other manufacturers that use that same TXV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom