A cop question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time Ive been pulled over in Oklahoma was about 1 year ago, and the OHP asked me if I was carrying and I said "no", my liscense hadnt arrived yet (took 73 days), but he told me it had been approved and was on its way. So, they must know immediately

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you handgun license shows up when they run your DL.

If you are carrying and don't hand over your permit as soon as the officer makes contact and asks for your info, they can take it and you will never get it back. They are taught to do so.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you handgun license shows up when they run your DL.

If you are carrying and don't hand over your permit as soon as the officer makes contact and asks for your info, they can take it and you will never get it back. They are taught to do so.

The new law says at the "first opportunity".

That leaves a lot of open opportunity depending on when you come in contact with LEO.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are invisable. No one knows anything about you, County, State, Federal, anyone else. No one that has ever talked to you ever says anything to anyone else about you to anyone else. We do not share your information, and our databases are secure.

Show your papers, OK for this time, move on, nothing to see here.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, OHP can see that you have been issued a permit. Not sure about any other agencies, but I know an OHP who ran my stuff at 4:30AM once did ask me about it. I hadn't notified because I wasn't carrying that day.

So... yes, some can see it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older friend whose parents were bankers and had everything confinscated. He was woken up in the middle of the night by a few Gov gentlemen with riffles. "We know you have guns, we know you have a ham radio license, we know you have a pilots license. We are watching you." He stated this to me 22 years ago. He built an airplane with a lawnmower moter and flew it in the fog out of Poland and then manuvered to America so that something else like that would never ever happen to him again. Where do we go now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom