A Public Service Announcement for bicyclists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am impressed at how many cyclists there are on this board. Really doesnt fit the stereotype of "gun owner" but I am glad to see that not all of us are overweight, truck-nut-toting, hill billies. :drooling:

Anyone who would purposely use a vehicle to attack a cyclist or pedestrian is a social deviant and probably belongs behind bars. Surprising attitude given how many gun owners claim to be law abiding.

On that note, does anyone carry while riding? My bike shop guy recommended it to me, but it seems like a lot of extra weight :P

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am impressed at how many cyclists there are on this board. Really doesnt fit the stereotype of "gun owner" but I am glad to see that not all of us are overweight, truck-nut-toting, hill billies. :drooling:

Anyone who would purposely use a vehicle to attack a cyclist or pedestrian is a social deviant and probably belongs behind bars. Surprising attitude given how many gun owners claim to be law abiding.

On that note, does anyone carry while riding? My bike shop guy recommended it to me, but it seems like a lot of extra weight :P

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing. Do you actually believe that there are people on this forum who will deliberately run over a cyclist? Please tell me you are not that naive.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
personally I find you comment offensive college boy, From an "overweight gun toting hill billie" Did you not take the class at "diversity university" on why we shouldn't sterotype.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I just roll the window down as we pass and say this as fast and annoying as we can, "pedal, petal, petal, petal...." It's funniest when they are going up hill and they are in a low gear.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, I have no real issues with bicyclists on each and every road they are legally allowed IF they obey the traffic laws. I travel the roads in the NE part of Oklahoma county Harrah,Jones, Luther quite a bit.

Some of have said they have not witnessed bicyclists violating the laws. I offer the following observations

Almost without fail on those days where the weather is conducive to bike riding I witness the running of stop signs and my personal pet peeve below......

A bicyclist shall not ride beside more than one other bicyclist on a roadway, except in those areas designated as exclusive for bicycle use. (Title 47 § 11-1205) Unless riding on a bike path or bike lane, signed for the exclusive use of bicycles, bicyclists should not ride more than two abreast.

A number times on Britton Road and quite often on what is called Hogback Road, a large number of cyclists riding three or more abreast. Admittedly it is not each and every time I see a group of cyclists, but enough to give the cycling community a bad impression.

THIS is what irritates me as a driver in a car or truck....

Cyclists have every right to be on the road, but if you don't want to irritate the drivers don't run the stop signs and don't impede traffic by riding more than two abreast as state law requires.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont mess with bike riders in Edmond. Its a $500 dollar fine if you come with in 3 feet of them on the road.
That's only when passing them to keep people from squeezing them to the side and not giving them a lane when folks pass them.

I think they should follow the traffic laws and tag those freakin things too. If you're gonna take ownership of the road, help pay for it too.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On that note, does anyone carry while riding? My bike shop guy recommended it to me, but it seems like a lot of extra weight

Yes, I carry when I ride, but then again, I carry when I drive, too. It can be done quite easily with some small adjustments. If I don't plan to leave the bicycle during the ride (parked somewhere while I get a snack, etc), then I go for on-bicycle carry in a handlebar bag. If I'm planning to park the bicycle somewhere, I'll bring a small Camelback and carry in the auxiliary pocket.

I'm planning to purchase a pocket .380 soon, and at that point I may consider on-body carry in a jersey pocket - especially if I get one of those wallet holsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom