A question for all Members of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a law is passed that would allow teachers to carry weapons, would you all participate in fund raisers and volunteer goods and services. All sponsors and individuals would receive due credit.

I'll start. I pledge $5,000 for training, equipment, transportation, whatever is needed to help keep our kids safer.

I don't have $5000 but I'll pledge $1000.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd have better luck lobbying your legislators at the State and Federal level to bring back the COPS grants that provided funding for school resource officers. While well intentioned the propostion to arm public school teachers isn't ever going to go anywhere.

In case you guys have noticed you're beloved Obama has never been pro-2nd amendment. And those Democratic legislators who you said would never vote for gun control cause they wanted to get reelected, well they'll not only vote for it they'll beat the drum to take your drum magazines away.

Lobby your legislators, start putting the bug in your local school board members. Tell them you want something done. But you better make it reasonable and based on reality or it ain't gonna happen. And the idea to have your local OC'ers act as hall monitors, that ain't gonna happen either.

Then when you're done with that start attacking the real problem. That's a massive breakdown in the moral fiber of our society.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good points YJ. I've admitted I am coming to believe I made a mistake. Now I am going to do what I can to rectify it. And just FYI to ALL of you...if the Republican Party was not continuously trying to take away my means of making a living, I'd probably be Chair of the party by now.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then when you're done with that start attacking the real problem. That's a massive breakdown in the moral fiber of our society.
You can take the lead on that one. The ole "massive breakdown in the moral fiber of our society" wasn't an issue in Bath Township, Michigan, 'long about 1927, was it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You'd have better luck lobbying your legislators at the State and Federal level to bring back the COPS grants that provided funding for school resource officers. While well intentioned the propostion to arm public school teachers isn't ever going to go anywhere.

In case you guys have noticed you're beloved Obama has never been pro-2nd amendment. And those Democratic legislators who you said would never vote for gun control cause they wanted to get reelected, well they'll not only vote for it they'll beat the drum to take your drum magazines away.

Lobby your legislators, start putting the bug in your local school board members. Tell them you want something done. But you better make it reasonable and based on reality or it ain't gonna happen. And the idea to have your local OC'ers act as hall monitors, that ain't gonna happen either.

The only thing that will attack the massive breakdown in the moral fiber of our society is a miracle, or the second coming. Now, what do you suggest that teachers do in their classrooms to survive an active shooter?

Latest posts

Top Bottom