A question for all Members of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have kids, and some people might think I have no 'dog in this race' when it comes to this, but if it would help, I'd gladly use my remaining GI Bill benefits to get CLEET certified if schools needed more people to help out. I think we are at a time in this country where an armed presence is going to be required at schools. It's sad its come to that, but kids shouldn't be scared to go to school.
You may not have kids yourself, but you know people who do, some of whom are related to you, so you do have a dog in this fight. I agree, our kids shouldn't be scared to go to school.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent this in to news9 on their news tip line.
okshooters.com being lawful gun owners who knows that gun bans will not work to keep our kids or communities safe have been brain storming. Many have promised training or funds to help insure our kids are safe when they leave home and spend the day in school. This of course contingent on laws being changed to were either school staff and or permit holders are able to carry on school property. We believe that if there were people inside the school who were legal to be there with firearms many of the children and teachers might not have lost their life that fateful day.The link to the post on okshooters is http://www.okshooters.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=158811

pills510

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is awesome. I told my wife if this ever passes I will do whatever it takes to get certified to carry. She looked at me and said " think 5k will cover it?".

I am doubtful this will ever pass. Even if it does, how do we get around the Gun Free Zone act of 1996? That may be the wrong date but it is a Federal law....

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent this in to news9 on their news tip line.
Good for you, sir! Let's hope our concerns are adressed. It burns my butt like a flame about hip-pocket high when people who hate guns talk about dead kids as if those of us who own guns AND have kids don't feel the same sense of outrage and sadness when something like the Newtown massacre happens.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you, sir! Let's hope our concerns are adressed. It burns my butt like a flame about hip-pocket high when people who hate guns talk about dead kids as if those of us who own guns AND have kids don't feel the same sense of outrage and sadness when something like the Newtown massacre happens.
I agree part of the reason I own a gun and have my carry permit is because I have a child that will be four next month. And it deeply upsets me that I can not be there to try and protect her during those hours.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we ALL feel just absolutely sick. I keep thinking of all those little kids who were excited for Christmas and all those presents that will never be opened. Between this and losing a friend and having a couple of friends with extremely serious health problems, I have prayed more this month than I have in years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom