AC Unit not cooling house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what refrigerant it is,EPA regulations (read when anyone who has a refrigerant usage liscense including 410a) knows any leak is to be reported to the owner of the equipment and should be repaired,properly installed refrigerant systems Do Not Leak,joints can break,lines can rub together causing leaks, other than that if all caps are put on properly you should never have to add refrigerant except maybe every 15 years from servicing

I understand and agree with what you are saying. I was merely pointing out the fact that if his system was using the proper refrigerant that no cfc's were being released into the atmosphere.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotcha,but I don't think there very many if any residential systems left that use 12 anymore,and what manufacturer uses r134 in residential units,just curious,never put one in,just 22,410a,407c&134 on chillers and cars.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have to call someone out for mine.

It's 86 in my house right now. I turned my a/c completely off about 30 minutes ago. Because mine wasn't cooling any lower than 81, I cleaned the fins outside week or two ago, using Simple Green, rinsing with thumb pressure with a hose only, and washing until the water ran clear. I replaced my indoor filter about 2-3 weeks ago per the reminder on my thermostat, no problems then.

I've opened the doors, turned on the fans, and letting the for once cool outdoor temps bring the indoor temps down a bit. I'll let my a/c sit for an hour or so and try it again. When I cleaned the unit, the coolant pipe was cool/cold to the touch, today it wasn't cool at all.

I had the same problem at the beginning of last summer, so a company came out and reported I was low on coolant, so they topped me off and the a/c started working again. Not soon after, we had the same problem again. So they came back out, checked my entire system for a couple of hours finding no problems or leaks, and recharged the unit again. It worked perfectly all summer. My thermostat program switches from 78 to 75 and usually within 15 the house is a cool, comfortable 75, even in the hottest of days, so I know it's capable of a lot more than this.

So, if I have to call -- referrals in the Edmond? Any other ideas?

Latest posts

Top Bottom