AC Unit not cooling house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Washing a unit out and keeping a clean filter in the unit is not really something that requires any know how or skill. This may be all this guy needs done to his unit. If he needs freon, let somebody with the proper training do it.

Save some money for more ammo!

I agree... not always. Although on my unit, you have to pull the cover off and lift the fan out... not something I was comfortable doing without someone showing me how first. My point is NOT that it is impossible or even difficult to do, but a company that refuses to come out when I call them until I tell them I have personally pulled the unit apart and cleaned it will never get another call or recommendation from me, and will never earn a dime from me personally or by referral.

On the other hand, the company that came when I DID call them will get plenty of referrals and will probably get my business in a year or three when I replace my whole HVAC system.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do know that if someone is coming out and adding to or refilling the "freon"....you have a pretty major problem
Your leaking CFC's into the atmosphere...should be finding/repairing the leaks

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know that if someone is coming out and adding to or refilling the "freon"....you have a pretty major problem
Your leaking CFC's into the atmosphere...should be finding/repairing the leaks

This Is only true if someone's system is running r12 or r122. If it has been changed since the cfc ban in the 90's it has r134a which is cfc free.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Is only true if someone's system is running r12 or r122. If it has been changed since the cfc ban in the 90's it has r134a which is cfc free.
Doesn't matter what refrigerant it is,EPA regulations (read when anyone who has a refrigerant usage liscense including 410a) knows any leak is to be reported to the owner of the equipment and should be repaired,properly installed refrigerant systems Do Not Leak,joints can break,lines can rub together causing leaks, other than that if all caps are put on properly you should never have to add refrigerant except maybe every 15 years from servicing

Latest posts

Top Bottom