Adventures in safe moving....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a good point, too. Dang, all these ideas NOW...

Oh well. It's in place and ain't goin' nowhere until I move outta this house.

I will need to bolt it down, though.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang dude.............. sorry to hear that da pinkie got squished! ! Wife's fault for making you move it.........better use that guilt trip for more guns to fill the vault! !
;)
Hope that drinking problem gets better! LOL

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no electronic lock on it (somehow it was damaged or lost) so I have to use the key to open it. From my research it appears I will be stuck with this, as they will not sell me a replacement lock without a proof of purchase.
Does the "friend of a friend" have no receipt at all? Cash register ticker, bank check, or credit card records?

Or you might check with a locksmith, a good one can accomplish some mind-boggling stuff with security issues.

Just a couple thoughts. And sorry about your injury.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear and see you had a "oopsy" medical term I learned in the ER. :)

I did in a finger dropping a transmission on the poor thing.

I am sure you know this, but you will now know how often that little toe gets bumped.

Take care of it, I have been told if you lose just one toe it will cause you talk walk in circles. :) You may need to even it out by mashing the other one. LOL

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn that looks painful enough that I poured a drink myself, I am a locksmith and if you'll shoot me a pic of the outside and inside of the door where the lock goes I might be able to help you. Gonna cost you some of that whiskey though . Text pics to 918-695-3808

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy a new lock it will have the default code in it (something like 1-2-3-4-5-6 or 5-5-5-5-5-5). If you could figure out the type of lock that goes on there it should be super simple to bolt one up. And program it.

I'll look at work to see if we have any of the tech diagrams for a la gard 39e to see if the bolt pattern matches yours.

As for the programming every single lock I have seen at work comes with a programming guide.

Here's something I found
http://www.heritagesafe.com/pdfs/LG-Basic-Instructions.pdf
http://m.ebay.com/itm/120633368132?_mwBanner=1

Edit: I had a brain fart and crossed locks with access control locks and typed something dumb.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I worked a summer in high school for Bekins Van lines. We did local moves of concert grand piano's on occasion using a piano board and a 4 wheel dolly all the time. Its all about knowing how to do it.
The piano board allowed us to take it off the stage of one venue, and move it to another.
The roadies that move the concerts around the country do the same thing.
Its all about the right equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom