Adventures in safe moving....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nearly did something like that on my left index finger working construction but it happened at around the final joint. Didn't break it but was worried I might lose it at a couple points.

Anyway hopefully you can still hobble around the house ok and enjoy your new slightly less cheap safe.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ER doc had to go to the ER.....

I can only imagine the pain... broken my pinky toe a few times and that was enough. Hope the Whiskey helps.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find if you leave the cardboard under the safe when moving, it tends to slide right into position with little effort. We moved a 32 gun safe into the house like that and it only took me and my son. Glad to hear you are doing ok.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe that as smart as my fellow OSA forumites are that you haven't figured this safe thing out by now!

Just take a big cardboard box, write "safe that is impossible to break into" and "do not touch by order of law" on it in bold black letters.

Then, make a combination lock and latch out of cardboard just like this and glue it to the box.

FB4OZYZGWF5U9CU.MEDIUM.jpg

Put all of your guns in a pile on the floor and put the box over them.

If the thieves can read they will not want to break the law and will also figure there is no way they could get the combination lock numbers guessed right.

Let's not over think and over complicate this stuff.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of lock is on it? Is it an s and g or a la gard?

There is no lock on it... it's just a hole you put the key into, and the hole that I suppose was for the electronic lock, which is not there. I could take a picture, I suppose. Why, do you know some way I don't to get an electronic lock and have it programmed?

My understanding is the code to unlock the safe is stored internally in the door, so putting a new keypad on it will not help, as I won't have the old code. In addition, all their safes have a unique master code recorded at the factory, but in order to use this, they will require proof of (retail) purchase. Sucks.

<edit> Oh, and to all you wiseasses, I went to the Urgent Care - not the ER. :censored:

<edit2> Oh, and I didn't even want to go! The wife MADE me go, she wasn't gonna have it any other way. I was just gonna tape it up, take some antibiotics and let nature deal with it. Still kinda wish I would have, and I'm sure when I get the bill, it'll be that much worse. <sigh>

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best way to move heavy objects i by rollimg it in cylindrical objects like several pieces of pvc. slowly as it goes pulling pipe from the back and laying it in front. its incredible how much a man can move.

Latest posts

Top Bottom