Again, Swampratt's old school mentality wins the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy just called me and that plastic crap in the radiator hoses failed him on his 2017 Ford 3/4 ton diesel truck 112,000 miles.

That is just ridiculous.
If I paid that much for a vehicle and it failed a simple part I would want to rip the heart and throat out of the SOB that designed it.

Yes that is my take on it.
For all my years of driving I have built 90% of my vehicles from scrap.
I got to choose what went where and some friends poo pooed me for not going back original on things.
Original mostly sucks.
Once I put a Mopar Direct Connection adjustable brake proportioning valve on a 1966 Mustang GT. The adjustable Mopar part was $59.99 racer net. The non-adjustable OEM valve (that failed) was $170. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish they would make the engine something worth looking at again. At least the C8 Corvette makes an attempt to show it off but that’s rare. Many of the “engine beautification” packages for engines are billet caps and painted plastic. I miss chrome and styled reservoirs.
I hate these new paint designs that are flat and look like someone took Krylon to them.
Hi Gloss Metal flake paint and a ton of chrome for the win! Thats what will turn heads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom