Albino deer story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just told a funny story by a lady I work with. Yesterday morning her little brother (18 years old) called her here at work. He said he was in deep trouble and needed her to come to the check station near Prue, he had shot an albino doe (He had no idea it was illegal). When she got there the game warden had taken his bow and truck keys and was chewing her brother out up one side and down the other. Had her and the brother crying. The warden told him that he could take his keys, bow and throw him in jail, had the kid scared s!!!less. Obviously the warden had no plans to actually do it, or he would have just done it. Long story short, the warden finally got through with him and let him go plus the boy got to keep the deer. She showed me a picture, looked like it weighed 80 pounds. It was definitely white, but it didn't have pink eyes.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cause the people making the rules are clueless....

albinism is a trait that is usually selected out (read: coyote eats you) at as a juvinile. just because they grow up doesn't make them any more or less magical....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it illegal to shoot an albino deer?

Kid from Guthrie shot nice piebald buck in the 90's.
Hit the papers because it was unique.
Woman claimed piebald buck was the reincarnated spirit of her dead father. (I sh*t you not...honestly.)
Woman had some connections that got legislation introduced.
Everyone thought it was a joke.
Then it passed.
Now it's on the list of laws passed that make our state look stupid.

I'm have a hard time believing the warden acted like that. Most every warden thinks the law is stupid. Not to say they wouldn't enforce it, but I don't see them being that angry about it.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woman claimed piebald buck was the reincarnated spirit of her dead father. (I sh*t you not...honestly.)
Everyone thought it was a joke.
Then it passed.
Now it's on the list of laws passed that make our state look stupid.

I'm have a hard time believing the warden acted like that. Most every warden thinks the law is stupid. Not to say they wouldn't enforce it, but I don't see them being that angry about it.

Yep, good kid, good family, if you know the area, you know them!

If it was a black warden in the logan/OK county area (no racism.....just met him before), I'd believe it. the guy is a dick....ripped me for speeding....I told him to write me a ticket or 'f off.....I guess he 'f'ed off!

And to add to the deer story, after talking to the boy from Logan CO who shot the deer that got the law passed.......he had no idea it was white. White deer get dirty enough to look like a regular deer. It wasn't until he brought it home that he realized it was different!!!!

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow...I guess we should all take a moment and pray for the little darling...on the other hand I wonder how a white deer taste? Like deer?

On a serious side Id be for a group effort to contact someone in the know/power to get this law looked at by someone besides a rencarnated man in the form of a white deer. People are so clueless it mind boggling

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The law is the law. You have to have written permission from the director of the ODW before taking an albino, or piebald deer.
Native Americans consider them a sacred animal as well.

That being said, on the east coast they are common and considered vermin to be shot any time. They don't want them contaminating the herd.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't shoot a white deer? Hell, I wouldn't shoot a black one, I'm sure NAACP would be all over that. Hehe.

But seriously, I agree. I think we should be able to shoot em, they ain't unicorns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom