Allstate blows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I've had both USAA and Allstate homeowners. It's a tossup as to which sucks more.

But I hate most insurance companies anyway. Regardless of who/what they're insuring they all wanna be in the business until it's time to pay up.

On a different insurance note... Has anyone had an instance of an insurance company over-riding a doctor's prescription? This recently happened to my wife. She had a 90 day RX for a medication. The insurance company told her they'd only fill it for a 30 day period per year as taking it daily was too much. It took over a month of her doctor arguing with them to get it filled the way the doctor prescribed it.
I totally agree with everything that you have written.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I've had both USAA and Allstate homeowners. It's a tossup as to which sucks more.

But I hate most insurance companies anyway. Regardless of who/what they're insuring they all wanna be in the business until it's time to pay up.

On a different insurance note... Has anyone had an instance of an insurance company over-riding a doctor's prescription? This recently happened to my wife. She had a 90 day RX for a medication. The insurance company told her they'd only fill it for a 30 day period per year as taking it daily was too much. It took over a month of her doctor arguing with them to get it filled the way the doctor prescribed it.
Sounds like TRICARE.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1969, when I was in the military stationed in N. Carolina, I bought a car while on leave in NY (my legal residence at the time), insured it wit AllState, registered it, and returned to base. Eight months later when visiting my mother, she gave me my accumulated mail. There was a six month old letter from AllState informing me that they’d CANCELED my insurance for living out of the state where the vehicle was registered. I called them and explained that I was on Active Duty, but they stuck to their decision. During the interim after the cancellation date, I’d been driving at great risk. I don’t trust AllState.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife got hit in Tucson and totaled our car. They woman at fault seems to be on drugs and we both had State Farm. Will be three years this July and still no settlement. Hired a lawyer @ the end of the first year. Got her some treatments for her back and pretty much seemed to forget about us. State Farm called one time to she how she was. We let them know how she was hurting and never heard back for about a year when they offer us $2,000 for pain and suffering. Then about 8 months later offered $22,000. I told my lawyer to tell STATE Farm to get real and still wife if in pain and can't stand more than 5 mins. Then last week I got a threatening bill from medicare saying we owe them over $800 for medical bills. Send a nasty letter to our lawyer telling them to get this straighten out and let them know our claims has not been settled and tell SF to Pony up and pay the bills. I also told the lawyer/s they need to get on the ball and seek additional treatments for another round of the shots that only gave her 30 days of pain free. May have to get a lawyer to sue the lawyer for failure to get thing done in a timely manner! OH... my car insurance (3 vehicles) went up $500 every 6 months too.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AllState is the Linda Lovelace of insurance.

Progressive is just behind AllState. I had them for a few years. Filed 1 claim for hail damage on my truck. I had easier times dealing with somebody else's insurance. They argued over every dent, saying it wasn't hail damage.

In any accident, notify police and have a report. File with YOUR insurance. You will be out the deductible until they settle. That is what you pay them for.

We have had Traveller's for a while. Never had a problem with them.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing, the policy holder (dad of the 17 yr. old driver) called and talked to the Allstate adjuster himself, ADMITTING fault. But regardless, Allstate in their infinite wisdom says I'm still 20% at fault for not getting out of the way (backed into with only 1 or 2 second reaction time). They don't care that their driver admitted fault. Claim with USAA has now been paid (sort of) minus the deductible. Here we go to arbitration... The incident was on a private property parking lot so no police report can be requested. TPD doesn't respond to fender benders on private property.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Insurance Companies are like that, Got hit by a USAA insurance holder, messed with them for over 6 months, they refused to investigate, acknowledge or do anything even though every person I talked to could see it was their policy holders fault. Safety tip Always call the police in accidents, especially if it is not your fault.

Thank you for your service, but IMHO USAA can go F themselves.
And Allstate and Hartford!

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AllState is the Linda Lovelace of insurance.

Progressive is just behind AllState. I had them for a few years. Filed 1 claim for hail damage on my truck. I had easier times dealing with somebody else's insurance. They argued over every dent, saying it wasn't hail damage.

In any accident, notify police and have a report. File with YOUR insurance. You will be out the deductible until they settle. That is what you pay them for.

We have had Traveller's for a while. Never had a problem with them.
Never had any problems with Travelers>

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing, the policy holder (dad of the 17 yr. old driver) called and talked to the Allstate adjuster himself, ADMITTING fault. But regardless, Allstate in their infinite wisdom says I'm still 20% at fault for not getting out of the way (backed into with only 1 or 2 second reaction time). They don't care that their driver admitted fault. Claim with USAA has now been paid (sort of) minus the deductible. Here we go to arbitration... The incident was on a private property parking lot so no police report can be requested. TPD doesn't respond to fender benders on private property.
That was very close to the experience I had. A couple of young morons pulled into the parking garage at my work in Tulsa. The entrance was very narrow and curved and I was stuck in it, laying on my horn for at least 10-15seconds as they backed into me. My perfectly clear history CTS-V needed a bumper cover, headlight, fender and hood.

I dont even remember which insurance company they had, but I ended up starting a claim on my side after 2 weeks of their insurance not being able to get a statement from the other driver. Their insurance finally starts working with me and I had to go back and forth with my insurance company to stop reporting I had filed a claim with them since I never cashed their checks.

It was a huge freaking headache and ultimately just ruined the car for me. It got driven maybe 2-3 times a year after that until I sold it because I couldnt stomach the risk of it being compromised anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom