Allstate blows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just hope you never have to file an auto collision damage claim against them because of one of their policy holders. It won't be a pleasant experience.

So far, I'm glad to have USAA.

YMMV but this is from my personal experience.

/rant
All Insurance Companies are like that, Got hit by a USAA insurance holder, messed with them for over 6 months, they refused to investigate, acknowledge or do anything even though every person I talked to could see it was their policy holders fault. Safety tip Always call the police in accidents, especially if it is not your fault.

Thank you for your service, but IMHO USAA can go F themselves.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that impact your claim filing record differently? Ie any more likely to get rated up by your carrier?
As I recall, when I discussed this with my agent after my truck got hit, the only negative effect to you is that you’re out your deductible until the other side pays off. This was around nine years ago, so I don’t know if it has changed since then.

ETA: I didn’t end up filling a claim through my insurance, as the other side voluntarily accepted liability and handled paying for the repairs.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just hope you never have to file an auto collision damage claim against them because of one of their policy holders. It won't be a pleasant experience.

So far, I'm glad to have USAA.

YMMV but this is from my personal experience.

/rant
Can confirm

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall, when I discussed this with my agent after my truck got hit, the only negative effect to you is that you’re out your deductible until the other side pays off. This was around nine years ago, so I don’t know if it has changed since then.

ETA: I didn’t end up filling a claim through my insurance, as the other side voluntarily accepted liability and handled paying for the repairs.
My issue was about 11 years ago, did not know that was an option.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They certainly have issues. I was hit from behind by a pickup and pushed into another pickup. They had 2 different claims for my car despite the driver who hit me being the one who filed it. Cue them having 2 different claims reps calling until they killed one claim. Then the collision shop had a new receptionist that got my hopes up on fixing my car by calling me to drop it off. But it was totaled so I waited a week for them to pick it up and me to get a check.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for your service, but IMHO USAA can go F themselves.

I agree. I've had both USAA and Allstate homeowners. It's a tossup as to which sucks more.

But I hate most insurance companies anyway. Regardless of who/what they're insuring they all wanna be in the business until it's time to pay up.

On a different insurance note... Has anyone had an instance of an insurance company over-riding a doctor's prescription? This recently happened to my wife. She had a 90 day RX for a medication. The insurance company told her they'd only fill it for a 30 day period per year as taking it daily was too much. It took over a month of her doctor arguing with them to get it filled the way the doctor prescribed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom