American Airlines Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, my condolences to those of you who have lost, or have the possibility of losing, your jobs. I am also sorry for the obvious lack of empathy some of these folks, who are graceless bozos.

Some of you people are just delusional. You really are. You bash unions, yet say little or nothing about corporate greed. You make flip remarks about workers' wages, when often times unabashed corporate greed is the problem.

A lot of you get on here and ***** about "sheeple." Sheeple this and sheeple that. Here's a news flash. YOU are the sheeple. You have imbibed the kool-aid of Big Business and Big Insurance. You have bought the pack lies they have sold and believe it like the Gospel.

You are against higher taxes for the wealthy and entitlements. Mainly, because you believe some how, some way, some day, you will become wealthy. Guess what? Chances are it's not going to happen for you. It's just not. And that is OK. There is a Hell of a lot more to life than money. I pay more in taxes every quarter than most people make in a year, and you know, if I had to pay a little more in taxes, I wouldn't mind. Particularly, if it meant my community would be improved.

You support people who limit your access to justice in the name of tort reform because you buy the BS of "McDonald's hot coffee" myths, and because you really, honestly believe bad things only happen to the "other guy." Here's another news flash....YOU ARE the other guy. Don't believe me? Look at what has happened to some of our members here.

So, hold on tight to your delusions, the rest of us know you for what you are.

Well said JB. If only people could pull their heads out of their asses and recognize the underlying issue.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, bucko, I actually do donate quite a bit to charities and churches. Your resentfulness demonstrated in your post is a little puzzling.

Your statement was that you wouldn't mind paying more taxes. There are a lot of Liberal wealthy people that are making that statement today yet I see none of them writing the check. The Government will cash it. You, nor I said nothing about charitable donations

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your statement was that you wouldn't mind paying more taxes. There are a lot of Liberal wealthy people that are making that statement today yet I see none of them writing the check. The Government will cash it. You, nor I said nothing about charitable donations

Then what's your real issue here? If this bothers you so bad, write your rep to get the tax codes changed.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

What I am saying is that if it came to it a lot of people like me could stand a modest tax increase if it would actually benefit the country. Huge corporations especially should get some sort of increase. The shareholders never see the windfall, just the insiders and execs.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So write the check. Personally I feel I'm over taxed. I would mind paying more taxes. Sounds like you feel differently. Write the check.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I am saying is that if it came to it a lot of people like me could stand a modest tax increase if it would actually benefit the country. Huge corporations especially should get some sort of increase. The shareholders never see the windfall, just the insiders and execs.
well i am going to agree 50% here I write quite a few checks to my church and another church I go to on friday nite and I wish I could give even more,but when I have to write checks every quarter and again on the 15th I am NOTsmiling and wishing not give them even more money to mismanage and waste

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then what's your real issue here? If this bothers you so bad, write your rep to get the tax codes changed.

My issue is with wealthy Liberal blowhards saying they are not taxed enough. I say to them, write the check. The Government will cash it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom