Ammo-Cheap or Good???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ball is cheaper, more reliable feeding. Shtf, no doctors to patch up any wounds. And besides if shtf i aint stickin around in a firefight with a 9mm. Feet dont fail me now.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shtf, ball ammo over hp.

Really? Less effective BALL ammo over more effective HP ammo? WHY? In certian applications, like where penetration is required, I agree on the BALL/FMJ ammo over HP ammo but that is if we are talking about rifle ammo. If we are talking about handgun calibers then it is going to be JHP all the way. As far as stocking up on ammo then get what you can and get the best that you can afford.
Just my two cents...............CHEERS.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal (9BPLE) 9mm +P+ 115gr JHP has a fantastic reputation in law enforcement circles. I would not shoot it in some of my 9mm pistols but I have never had any issues at all through my Glocks. It can be found for $20-25.00 per 50 and is well worth the money. This is what I carry in my daily carry gun.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shtf, who cares? A hole is a hole. Theres no stand your ground and slug it out. Theres no lugging around a thousand rounds in a backpack. If your defending your house with a 9mm during shtf, you aint gonna care if its ball or hp your shooting. If your smart youll abandon your house an bugout somewhere a little safer.

I dont have any idea what anyone considers shtf, but if your in a bad spot and things take a crap, ball works fine.

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as the cheaper ammo goes bang when you want I to I don't see a problem with it. Unless your using cheap ammo for long range accuracy, then there will probably be an issue

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as the cheaper ammo goes bang when you want I to I don't see a problem with it. Unless your using cheap ammo for long range accuracy, then there will probably be an issue

JGreen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand does, how much damage is some cheap FMJ/BA bullet going to do compared to a decent HP. Because if it takes several shots of FMJ to take out a target and only a couple of shots of HP to stop the same target, then hypothetically you may be getting more bang for your buck with the HP. I do realize it all depends on the target, where it is hit, and if any gear is being utilized as well.

cadoll

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and foremost in a shtf situation i want ammo that i know WITHOUT A DOUBT!! That it is going to go bang every time. Find out what your weapon likes and feed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom