Ammo pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a co worker that I have been helping get into shooting. He asked me the other day on what I recommended for a handgun, told him what I thought and went on. Yesterday he tells me that he was able to get a 9mm Beretta from his grandfather and starts telling me his story about trying to find ammo. Then he tells me he went to Gunworld. I gasp and screamed Noooooo!!! To late, he told me he only had to pay $42.00 for a box of 50. Ugh, we had a long talk. Poor kid got took.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a co worker that I have been helping get into shooting. He asked me the other day on what I recommended for a handgun, told him what I thought and went on. Yesterday he tells me that he was able to get a 9mm Beretta from his grandfather and starts telling me his story about trying to find ammo. Then he tells me he went to Gunworld. I gasp and screamed Noooooo!!! To late, he told me he only had to pay $42.00 for a box of 50. Ugh, we had a long talk. Poor kid got took.

Man, at price it should come with free rape counseling

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's too bad a newb got a "good" deal on ammo. A visit to Dallas this weekend ended up with my son and I at the Irving, TX gun show. A small show but non-the-less a real Texas gun show. The biggest ammo vendor at the show, almost an entire row of tables, had his prices jacket up so high no one was talking to him. Sad he jacket everything up so high because it seemed he had every kind of ammo you would want. Exp. Federal white box 556 at $1.25 per round...yes $625 for 500 rounds. I bought this at Academy at Christmas time for less than half that price.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad a newb got a "good" deal on ammo. A visit to Dallas this weekend ended up with my son and I at the Irving, TX gun show. A small show but non-the-less a real Texas gun show. The biggest ammo vendor at the show, almost an entire row of tables, had his prices jacket up so high no one was talking to him. Sad he jacket everything up so high because it seemed he had every kind of ammo you would want. Exp. Federal white box 556 at $1.25 per round...yes $625 for 500 rounds. I bought this at Academy at Christmas time for less than half that price.

Same way this weekend at the ponca city gun show I stopped by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom