Amusement/theme parks... your thoughts? Warning - long dissertation here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We rented a pontoon on Table Rock Lake one day and had a helluva lot more fun than we did at SDC or Celebration Station.

I've never been impressed with Branson, honestly. Strip is more crowded than Vegas with traffic and it's just... I dunno... not my cup of tea.

Table Rock was gorgeous, though. Not like we don't have great lakes in OK.

This. We did Branson-area this last weekend. Rented a pontoon boat and tube for all seven of us (my wife, mom and siblings), for $170 for 2 hours. We had 2 hours of fun, no lines, and no crowds. Even with some of the special pricing at SDC it would have been more $$$ for less actual fun time.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are ever in a place with a "no weapons" sign (that isn't legally off-limits), just clip it IWB toward the front behind a zipper or button (I usually clip it under the belt buckle). It helps if the knife is rather thin-handled. I took my Para-2 in to Frontier city right past the metal detectors. Have taken it with me to numerous places with metal detectors - never an issue.

Of course, my knife isn't a weapon - it's a tool :)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are ever in a place with a "no weapons" sign (that isn't legally off-limits), just clip it IWB toward the front behind a zipper or button (I usually clip it under the belt buckle). It helps if the knife is rather thin-handled. I took my Para-2 in to Frontier city right past the metal detectors. Have taken it with me to numerous places with metal detectors - never an issue.

Of course, my knife isn't a weapon - it's a tool :)

So do you tell them that you were in an industrial accident and have a titanium willy?

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.... I don't feel so unreasonable.

Wait... you weren't the 55+ year old guy who weighed in at 350-400+ with the skin tight 5x-size tie-dyed Rasta-style T-shirt that said "YOUNG WILD & FREE" were you????

Hey when I bought it, it wasn't TIGHT! And I'm only 26 just a lot of city miles!

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the older you get, the less fun these amusement parks get. I got so ticked off a few years ago when we went to Dallas to go to Six Flags. We spent money to get there, spent money to park, spent A LOT of money for tickets to get inside, spent A LOT of money for total crap, expensive food, and then my son is whining and crying the whole time because its hot, and he doesn't want to stand in line. All he wanted to do was go back to the hotel and swim! At first, I told him, " NO, we've spent a lot of money to have fun, now go get in line and have some fun!" After waiting in line for 1 and 1/2 hrs for a stupid ride, we went back to the hotel and swam. I told them I was done with Six Flags and amusement parks. My son is 15 now, and he doesn't want to go back. I'm glad.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the older you get, the less fun these amusement parks get. I got so ticked off a few years ago when we went to Dallas to go to Six Flags. We spent money to get there, spent money to park, spent A LOT of money for tickets to get inside, spent A LOT of money for total crap, expensive food, and then my son is whining and crying the whole time because its hot, and he doesn't want to stand in line. All he wanted to do was go back to the hotel and swim! At first, I told him, " NO, we've spent a lot of money to have fun, now go get in line and have some fun!" After waiting in line for 1 and 1/2 hrs for a stupid ride, we went back to the hotel and swam. I told them I was done with Six Flags and amusement parks. My son is 15 now, and he doesn't want to go back. I'm glad.

Let your kid play hooky for a week either sometime in September, or the first week after Thanksgiving, and take the family to Disney World. I'm serious. I'm a grown ass man and it's incredible fun. Lots to do there, for people of all ages. The reason I recommend those times is because it's the least crowded and least expensive.

It might cost a bit more, but I can show you how to save a good amount on airfare and on-site resort stays at the World. Just PM me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom