Another Math Quiz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1+4=5
2+5=12
3+6=21
5+8=?

Option 1, just answer the last question -5+8= 13

Pattern
1+4 = 5+0 =5
2+5 = 7+5 = 12
3+6= 9 +12= 21
5+8= 13+21=34
That’s what I did in my head. I’ve always refused to “show my work” and consequently I have no high school diploma. Once I realized they wanted to see how I did it and weren’t satisfied with me giving them the correct answer I packed my toys to never return. I have dealt with numbers for a long time even as a very young kid helping dad build things. We didn’t carry scratch paper so I learned to do math in my head. I remember my 10th grade math teacher taking me out in the hall and begging me to start showing my work. He said he had been passing me because he knew I knew how to solve the problems but he was required to require us students to show our work to pass in the future. I refused. I have no regrets with the choice in how it may or may not have affected my life but I do think of Mr. Anderson’s face often and remember the disappointment in his face. Maybe I should try to find contact info for him someday to tell him thanks.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Education has very little to do with intelligence! It teaches us to follow instructions, mindlessly! I had a guy on my shift at a refinery with a master degree, that was without doubt the dumbest person I ever met! he was literally a danger to himself, and others, in that environment! On his last evaluation just before I retired, I said he was depriving some village of an IDIOT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom