Any of you cattleman sell? Looking to buy one for meat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd ask here first. Looking for a whole to get butchered and packed. There is a rancher next to my property but haven't asked them yet. We bought one year or so ago but dont think they are doing it anymore. Any insight is appreciated.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buying a half from my brother in Weatherford. Supposed to be ready next week. Not sure if he has more available or not. I know he took 3 steers in last week.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a quarter or half of a beef every year. A friend and I split it. He knows the crop farmer who raises enough grass fed beef for him, his family and a couple extra. He schedules the butcher and processing a year in advance and that’s when he wants to know what we want. The beef weight on the hoof is usually around 1000 lbs. and he times the processing in May usually. Pretty much like clockwork.

I don’t know much about it, but it doesn’t seem to be as easy as walking up to a farmer and buying a cow and taking it to the processor. It’s more like an organized and scheduled set of tasks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom