Any of you cattleman sell? Looking to buy one for meat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd ask here first. Looking for a whole to get butchered and packed. There is a rancher next to my property but haven't asked them yet. We bought one year or so ago but dont think they are doing it anymore. Any insight is appreciated.
Posted 10 hours ago, prices I state are estimates, $85 kill charge, $.85 lb process depending on paper of vacum seal.
Less than 60 days on feed , I'd prefer 90 days..
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/d/bristow-grass-fed-butcher-beef-with-date/7362505108.html

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just come get one off the pasture. take it home and slaughter it yourself or get some friends to help. want a 500 pound beef no problem. want it corn fed for 120 days that is ok too. get a coolbot and make a cooler to hang it in to make it even better. or i will haul them off to the market and the supply chain can deliver it. some of you folks want some to feed out for your own? or for resale?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just come get one off the pasture. take it home and slaughter it yourself or get some friends to help. want a 500 pound beef no problem. want it corn fed for 120 days that is ok too. get a coolbot and make a cooler to hang it in to make it even better. or i will haul them off to the market and the supply chain can deliver it. some of you folks want some to feed out for your own? or for resale?
My goal is to build my own cold room and further our independence on the outside world. Plans are once I scrape up the funds are to build an 8x12 coupled to the coolbot device and a 10k btu, building has to be R25 so some thick insulation.. @cowadle from my eyes and speculation beef is gonna go up. If it's feasible you might wanna let'em graze for what time you can.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goal is to build my own cold room and further our independence on the outside world. Plans are once I scrape up the funds are to build an 8x12 coupled to the coolbot device and a 10k btu, building has to be R25 so some thick insulation.. @cowadle from my eyes and speculation beef is gonna go up. If it's feasible you might wanna let'em graze for what time you can.
thanks Timmy. beef may go up and it may go down as will any margin i have to operate on. the cost of feed byproducts are making life difficult for most commercial cowmen at this time. lucky i could see the writing on the wall many many years ago and broke away from the norm and changed many unsustainable practices that are sending many to the auction. but the packer is making about 700 dollars on every calf i sell into the market and they only own them for a fraction of time.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks Timmy. beef may go up and it may go down as will any margin i have to operate on. the cost of feed byproducts are making life difficult for most commercial cowmen at this time. lucky i could see the writing on the wall many many years ago and broke away from the norm and changed many unsustainable practices that are sending many to the auction. but the packer is making about 700 dollars on every calf i sell into the market and they only own them for a fraction of time.
Ya @Cowcatcher brought that to our attention months back.. Shame it is..

Latest posts

Top Bottom