Any of you others live in the country got wireless broadband internet? Like SWOI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder if your prices are similar to ours.
Packages are;
3G
$69.95
6Mbps. Setup fee $100.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.WDSL
$29.95
1.5Mbps. Setup fee $100.

----------------------------------------------------
4G
$89.95
12 Mbps. Setup fee $100.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WDSL2.0
$49.95
3Mbps. Setup fee $100.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on Atlas broad band (WiFi) out of Owosso, they have a tower in Catoosa, doesn't really matter if I like it or not it's the only affordable choice we have. I pay 44.00 a month but think it’s normally 36 or 38, I’m paying a premium for a fixed IP. Not quite fast enough for streaming movies but no caps or limitations on data transfers like satellite and cell companies have.

Pretty reliable, longest outage was two days a few years ago, they lost the transmitter on the tower and the weather was too bad for someone to climb the tower. Normal outages which are few, once or twice a year are usually fixed within an hour or so.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live way out in the boonies and use EVDO through Millenicom.

I have used them for 3 years now and have no complaints. I pay $69.95 a month, no contract. The good thing is that it's unlimited, most others cannot say that with a straight face. Weather doesn't seem to really affect it. All you need is the modem (you can get one through them for $99, or find one cheaper somewhere else). It's a small USB modem the size of a flash drive - you can take anywhere with you, even out in the woods if so inclined.

You can check them out at http://www.millenicom.com/

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live 3 miles past the city limits, and I have to have wireless. It's not wireless in the cellular sense, but a wireless shot from a dedicated remote tower. Cellular sucks out here, too, so that simply wasn't an option. I've actually got two accounts with them, one for work and another for home (two buildings on the property). The work line is the higher bandwidth and I don't have any issues. The lower bandwidth line is maxed out (techs told me this) and our speeds drop to a crawl in the evenings. That said, it's still broadband and works better than dial-up ever did.

Bronze Package 1 Mbps/384k $49.95
Silver Package † 2 Mbps/512k $59.95
Gold Package † 3 Mbps/512k $69.95
Platinum Package † 3 Mbps/1 Mbps $89.95

Forgot to add I'm using Rhino Communications:

http://www.rhinocommunications.net/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we lived out near Tuttle, we were on a service called @Link (At-link) with a tower only about 2 miles south of us. I can't remember all the numbers with respect to speed, or even price, but in the evenings when everyone got home in the neighborhood, the access speed sucked big-time.

We are currently on Verizon with a Verizon Jetpack 4G MiFi and it is excellent, but we are very close to OKC's towers. The Millenicom system spoken of a bit ago seems to be a good system. I am a moderator on an RV forum and a pretty good number of forum members use that system and they are traveling all around the country. I just can't speak to how well they do and where.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like Terry, I have @link WIFI. they are the only option for me that works. They have been really good from my perspective. I just ran a speed test to LA and here are the results on my link.
latency 38ms
Download speed 4430 KBPS
Upload speed 923KBPS

I do some gaming on line with it, mostly FPS with my son and his clan. Works pretty well with what we play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom