Any oil drillers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about selling my small business as it is very iffy as to what is going to happen with it. That is a different story in itself though. With that said I have though about applying at some of the oil drilling companies for an entry level job. I know its long hours outside in the elements. I do that now though so the exhausting work wouldn't be a drastic change to me.

Does anyone have any leads on those jobs? What is the starting salary like per year? I am still fairly young, responsible, I do not do drugs or anything like that and I know that is a huge problem on the rigs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have a wife and own a house. I know most do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. If it was not to bad of a drive I would prefer to keep my house for awhile to get it in shape to sell.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have a wife and own a house. I know most do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. If it was not to bad of a drive I would prefer to keep my house for awhile to get it in shape to sell.

You don't have to worry to much about moving. I have several friend that work out of a yard in Oklahoma but when they are on shift they are in Texas/New Mexico/Pennsylvania.... I would drive west and start stopping at Elk City/Woodward and towns with big Oil field Commercial districts. Otherwise it woud be good to have friends in the Biz

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the career pages on Schlumberger, Halliburton, Weatherford, Chesapeake, Sandridge, Devon, etc.

They all have listings, and you can apply right there.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the tangent,
Does anybody here have any experience on investing in a well site pump?
I've always been curious about investing in a oil site. The idea of buying into an income sounds nice, but I have no idea about maintenance costs, buy-in costs, etc.
As any investment, what do you watch out for? What's the real questions I should be asking?

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Halliburton Wireline in Paulsvallley is looking for people. Almost everyone I worked with at Schlumberger in Duncan went there when they shut the Duncan yard down. Chesapeake is starting its own Frac company and is looking for people in the OKC area. I think the name is Performance Technologies, LLC.

I worked for Schlumberger for 3 years. I made alot of money and was gone alot. I have thought about going back to the oilfield, but Im a little gun shy from they way we were treated when the bottom fell out of the market. I just dont thiink I could give up a steady stable job to worry about what may happen 6 months from now

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey dieseltech what job did you start off as when you first went to work in the oil fields? How much did the new guys make when they first started?
I could take a pay cut for awhile since I'll havethe cash from selling my business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom