Any Yote Eaters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of people hunt the Coyote as a form of pest management. I cannot bring myself to do it unless there is a way to use the animal more than just the pelt. Besides the association with domesticated dogs, I cannot see any reason they couldn't be eaten.

Who eats them? Come on, admit it!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry deli, you can count me out.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_12381_1362351938235_zps2ffb3df7.jpg

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skin an older male and then ask yourself how tasty you think it would be..after you quit gagging from the smell. I don't even like to touch one, lay a rifle or any other gear on one. Pretty nasty to me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyote or Canine? I served in the military in lots of countrys in SE Asia. I've had things to eat that probably shouldn't be mentioned.
Canines are raised for food in some of those country's, similar to cattle in this country, and are considered a staple.
As recent as the last Olympics in Korea (Spent a year there) the government asked that public consumption of canine be curtailed, because of the tourist that didn't agree with eating them.
I spent some time with the Korean White Horse Division in Vietnam, and they ate dog before going into battle, praying for the endurance the dog displays to get them through the fight.
Must have worked. They were highly decorated soldiers.

I see there is legislation up now to butcher horses for meat in the US and export.
Horse meat is a staple in Europe. Had some in Italy when there for training a few years back. Didn't know what it was until later, but it was pretty tasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom