Any Yote Eaters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, those mangy dogs don't look like eats. I do hear bobcat is good stuff. I guess it is game conservation reasoning for yotes. I think I would still have a hard time with it, although, I have never seen them in action, or been threatened by them. If they were aggressors and threatening me, my livestock, or friends or family--no problem.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, those mangy dogs don't look like eats. I do hear bobcat is good stuff. I guess it is game conservation reasoning for yotes. I think I would still have a hard time with it, although, I have never seen them in action, or been threatened by them. If they were aggressors and threatening me, my livestock, or friends or family--no problem.

There's a lot of bobcat recipes on the net, supposed to be good, I've not tried it though. As far as seeing them in action, twice over the years I've watched a group of three and a group of four coyotes wear out bucks during December. Both bucks seemed healthy, but for some reason they yotes chose them. They would circle and run them till tired, then one yote would approach from the front and keep him distracted, while the others continually nipped at the back until the bucks were too tired to stand. Then one would go for the throat, while the others started chowing on the rumps. Circle of life.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a headsup. It has been some years back, maybe 23-25. Kansas Wildlife Department introduced RABIES into the coyote population as a method of control.
I was up there visiting inlaws and saw alot of pheasent, rabbit, deer, etc. I asked a friend of the family about the abundance of game. He told me that alot fo farmers lost their farm dogs due to the rabies but most of them were "ok" about it once the game population started coming back. This was around the area of the Mara DeCygne Wildlife Refuge. At the time i was up there if i remember right, my friend told me there was some concern about some animals wver populating after the coyote kill. ANYWAY...eating something that has a good chance to carry rabies ain't happenin with me.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a headsup. It has been some years back, maybe 23-25. Kansas Wildlife Department introduced RABIES into the coyote population as a method of control.
I was up there visiting inlaws and saw alot of pheasent, rabbit, deer, etc. I asked a friend of the family about the abundance of game. He told me that alot fo farmers lost their farm dogs due to the rabies but most of them were "ok" about it once the game population started coming back. This was around the area of the Mara DeCygne Wildlife Refuge. At the time i was up there if i remember right, my friend told me there was some concern about some animals wver populating after the coyote kill. ANYWAY...eating something that has a good chance to carry rabies ain't happenin with me.

That sounds to me like how the ODWC is releasing mountain lions to control the deer population.

Latest posts

Top Bottom