Anyone else expecting a really crappy Christmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I don't mean the weather...

Seriously, I know lots of folks have things going on which aren't fun. I'm just wondering if everyone else has plans that they are going to enjoy, or is anyone else is in the same boat as me? I know without a doubt it's going to suck about every minute.

<edit> I'm not trying to garner sympathy here, folks, so please don't take it that way. Not looking for people to wish me well or any of that crap... just have a lot of things going on in life right now, and not a one of them is really good. Sometimes in life you feel like you're the only one... just curious which of my OSA friends may be in the same boat.

I honestly do wish a Merry Christmas to all you guys (and GALS!), I've just given up that it's going to be one for me. Enjoy it in my stead, folks!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My Xmas this year is different. Ive got 5 inlaws at my house, i dont like any of them. My meth head brother is in jail, my wife is working her first Christmas in 26 years(she works in your hosp). My daughter are both going to theyre in laws tomorrow afternoon.

Im gonna miss my wifes Xmas dinner, and im taking Cipro and T3's, so no drinking for me.

So while i wont say its sucks, its on the border.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like there is a lot of uncertainty going on at the moment. Taxes, unknowns in the healthcare sector, possible firearms restrictions, etc. Also there are have been many losses of friends and family members lately. I really feel for the families that lost children in the Connecticut rampage, especially on this Christmas Eve. A classmate of mine from HS was in a terrible car accident on Thanksgiving and never left the hospital. Passed away the day before yesterday.

My kids are over at their mom's since we alternate every Christmas but they'll be back over here tomorrow afternoon. I think I'll get up Christmas morning and head to the range!

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good and bad for our family. We lost one of our most special family members three months ago. They were way to young to have left this earth to be with their heavenly father Jesus Christ. Tomorrow will be very tough. They left three crumbcruntchers that are about as beautiful as a fall sunrise. The crumbcrunchers will be our reminder of the blessings in life, our thoughts of memories in our quite time will be hard to handle. Hang in there tRdoc, I hope your spirits get lifted and your life gets easier. Merry Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom