Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies to my question which most will probably think is rather a stupid thing to ask, though it's more about ignorance on my part, than stupidity. As far as providing a "simple" answer . . . that's okay . . . I do well with simple.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies to my question which most will probably think is rather a stupid thing to ask, though it's more about ignorance on my part, than stupidity. As far as providing a "simple" answer . . . that's okay . . . I can figure-out simple just fine.
It's certainly not a stupid question.

If you want a deep dive into such things, i'd suggest "The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race" - it's an interesting look at CRISPR and the development of the covid vaccine.

Another is "The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History". It's a breakdown of the 1918 flu outbreak and the societal things that lead to it's spread and deadliness.

I can't remember which one explained the differences between which viruses can easily have vaccines and which can't, but the gist of it (as i recall) was that all viruses mutate, not all mutations (most even) do not allow the virus to survive, some mutations cause an increase in deadliness (which can work against a virus) and some increase or decrease transmission ease (viruses need new hosts, so being easily transmitted helps it survive). And some viruses seem to have a link between their stability and the part of them that makes them dangerous to humans. So in measles (i believe), if the part that is dangerous to humans mutates then the virus dies. In other viruses, those traits aren't linked. By being linked, we know what a vaccine should look like. In the flu, it's often a guess based on the mutations.

IIRC, your body stores most immune responses so it knows how to handle when the virus returns. But it eventually forgets, which is why some viruses also come back in waves over the course of many years.

But again, this is all a jumble of things i've read, so i could easily be misstating things. But both books are worth reading if you are interested.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I see a thread like this on a forum somebody says something about doctors just selling the vaccines, getting rich off the vaccines, getting paid for the vaccines. My bride is a doctor and I want to know where we go to pick up the checks. Everyone is so convinced she’s getting paid for the vaccine but nobody can ever tell me where to collect the money.
I don't doubt she is not making direct money, but the pharmaceutical companies are - but more than that, the doctors and the pharmaceutical company's cash in big from the side effects resulting from the shots. And it is pretty easy for them to not relate other issues to the vaccines. There is books and books written on this from doctors who either wouldn't do this to people or put 2-and-2 together and had a conscience. I am not going to try to convince you not to get the shots - you want the shots, go get them, I hope it is all good for you. Unlike my wife who cares about people - I can't care what you do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom