Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're correct--I never got tested as to whether or not it was the flu that I was experiencing after the vaccinations, or just experiencing flu-like symptoms. Immune response? Perhaps. But that is why I don't get them, because they don't protect me from the symptoms I experience. Ditto my brother.

As far as the other option you present, it is Leroy Jethro Gibbs who said "No such thing as a coincidence." (I don't know if the character is spelled Leroy, or as my dad spelled his own name, LeRoy.)
There is a big difference between a common immune response to the flu vaccine and being infected with influenza (which can hospitalize & kill). So it’s Apples & oranges I guess. I get flu-like symptoms from the tetanus vaccine too, but I sure don’t want to get tetanus. I’ve seen the end result of getting tetanus , not a pretty picture.
Anyway, I don’t advocate for anyone to get any vaccine, it’s your call. Get it or don’t, doesn’t bother me. I only commented on the all too common misconception that we hear every flu season. Best of luck this season.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10001 times I’ve heard this. Again, you can’t get the flu from the vaccine shot. It’s impossible. Getting the flu shot doesn’t make you more susceptible to getting the flu either. Every flu season comes around & these claims are everywhere. Lots of folks have said this on this very thread. They are not related. It’s like an urban legend.
Talk selling your junk some where else, I am not buying.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can’t happen. It’s either an immune response from the vaccine that gives flu-like symptoms (not the flu) or it’s a coincidence that you got the flu the same year as you for the vaccine. If it really was the flu, you would have gotten it even if you didn’t get the vaccine.
So you are saying the vaccine does not work?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you are saying the vaccine does not work?
No. The annual planning for the flu is an educated guess as to which variants will be circulating for the upcoming future flu season. So, the effectiveness will vary year to year based on which variants they include in the shot.
You can get the shot but only get partial coverage. Or you can get the shot where they guess right, but that doesn’t mean the shot will protect 100%. You can get a milder case of the flu instead of a severe case of the flu (without the shot). I think the stats are around 40-60% effective against the flu.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk selling your junk some where else, I am not buying.
Not selling anything. If you dont understand that the flu shot cannot cause the flu, that’s on you.

BTW, As I’ve repeatedly said I don’t care if anyone gets the shot or not. Never told anyone they should get it. Don’t get it if you don’t want it, nobody cares.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom