Anyone else expecting a really crappy Christmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First Christmas since my wife died.

My emotions are running a broad spectrum. I am drinking heavily to combat bad feelings and thoughts, seems to work.

What family i have are going different directions and have no time for me. For the first time since I was a kid I woke up on Christmas morning with no presents, and now alone.

So yes this is a crappy Christmas.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First Christmas since my wife died.

My emotions are running a broad spectrum. I am drinking heavily to combat bad feelings and thoughts, seems to work.

What family i have are going different directions and have no time for me. For the first time since I was a kid I woke up on Christmas morning with no presents, and now alone.

So yes this is a crappy Christmas.

Sorry for your loss and bad day, If you wanna talk about it give me a shout. Also there are no answers at the bottom of a bottle ! I know because I've looked before.

Tell you what, If you want I'll buy you breakfast at IHOP ?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You get out of it, what you put into it.

Me, I spent the day yesterday with one of my brothers and his family. Got to hang out with my favorite niece, shes 8, and my number one fan, what could have been better than that.

My brother and I raided a couple OKC/metro area walmarts fro 22lr ammo, scored said ammo, even better stuff added to the day.

I am home now, I may be alone today at home, but I have the movies I want to watch, plenty of beer and snacks, I am off for the week, going to be a great day...

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I don't mean the weather...

Seriously, I know lots of folks have things going on which aren't fun. I'm just wondering if everyone else has plans that they are going to enjoy, or is anyone else is in the same boat as me? I know without a doubt it's going to suck about every minute.

<edit> I'm not trying to garner sympathy here, folks, so please don't take it that way. Not looking for people to wish me well or any of that crap... just have a lot of things going on in life right now, and not a one of them is really good. Sometimes in life you feel like you're the only one... just curious which of my OSA friends may be in the same boat.

I honestly do wish a Merry Christmas to all you guys (and GALS!), I've just given up that it's going to be one for me. Enjoy it in my stead, folks!

It might help if you remember the Christ part of Christmas. We are celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He was born so that He could die for our sins and give us eternal life. Merry Christmas and Maranatha.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I figure there are two groups of people in this world. Those that are having major problems and the other group that WILL have major problems if they live long enough. As for me...My wife was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrous a couple of years ago that is progressing fast. My brother in Moore was told 2 months ago that he only had about 2 months to live. His time is getting very near. My other brother in Ada is starting his second round of chemo this Thursday for liver cancer that has returned. Yea, I guess I could say I was having a crappy Christmas but not really. Jesus loves me and my entire family and so it's a pretty good day.....Merry Christmas Doc and hope your day is wonderful. VIKING

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I figure there are two groups of people in this world. Those that are having major problems and the other group that WILL have major problems if they live long enough. As for me...My wife was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrous a couple of years ago that is progressing fast. My brother in Moore was told 2 months ago that he only had about 2 months to live. His time is getting very near. My other brother in Ada is starting his second round of chemo this Thursday for liver cancer that has returned. Yea, I guess I could say I was having a crappy Christmas but not really. Jesus loves me and my entire family and so it's a pretty good day.....Merry Christmas Doc and hope your day is wonderful. VIKING

I am having a good day today. I am sorry for what you and yours are going thru. Hearing your story changes my whole perspective on Life. And you are right it is the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ !! GOD Bless You !!

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christmas's aren't what they used to be. I lost a dear friend December 7th this year. Dad died Dec 20th four years ago. My daughter's mom (my ex) is probably having her last Christmas as cancer is eating her up. My father-in-law is in ICU 14 hours away and my wife is itching to be there.
Bad things happen year round, they just seem worse this time of year.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... it was nice watching my son open his presents. But that is it... worked all night drove 2 1/2 hours to get here, now have to get on the road to go back home, racing the weather.

Oh, and my mother disowned me this morning after presents as she left. By text.

Merry frikken' Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom