Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I have had the flu was when I took the vaccine. And you Dr. type can go on, you are just buying into selling all those meds. Had a friend about my age that was as healthy as could be, took the covid shot and 3 days later they found her dead. My body has fought off some of the worst things on its on. Eat right, exercise, take vitamins and trust in the Lord.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically I roll the dice on flu and never get the shot. The few times I've gotten sick it's never been terrible, just annoying. The shots I did get were the hepatitis and shingles series. Hepatitis is not uncommon where I work and my dad had shingles and I saw the pain he endured so that was a no-brainer for me.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After two, no more COVID for me. As far as flu, the last one I had was about 2004, and as usual, I got sick. That was my last one. Found out my brother gets sick whenever he got a flu shot too. He no longer gets them.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time I have had the flu was when I took the vaccine. And you Dr. type can go on, you are just buying into selling all those meds. Had a friend about my age that was as healthy as could be, took the covid shot and 3 days later they found her dead. My body has fought off some of the worst things on its on. Eat right, exercise, take vitamins and trust in the Lord.
10001 times I’ve heard this. Again, you can’t get the flu from the vaccine shot. It’s impossible. Getting the flu shot doesn’t make you more susceptible to getting the flu either. Every flu season comes around & these claims are everywhere. Lots of folks have said this on this very thread. They are not related. It’s like an urban legend.

Last edited:

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10001 times I’ve heard this. Again, you can’t get the flu from the vaccine shot. It’s impossible. Getting the flu shot doesn’t make you more susceptible to getting the flu either. Every flu season comes around & these claims are everywhere. Lots of folks have said this on this very thread. The are not related. It’s like an urban legend.
I know...I've heard that too. Maybe mine is anecdotal. I didn't get the flu throughout the 90's (uninsured), and I wasn't getting the vaccinations. Started getting them again in 2001 for a few years (the shots were free at work), and I got sick each time. Haven't had one since 2004, and haven't had the flu since. The same thing happened with my chemist/Phd brother, who also knows that it shouldn't happen...

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know...I've heard that too. Maybe mine is anecdotal. I didn't get the flu throughout the 90's (uninsured), and I wasn't getting the vaccinations. Started getting them again in 2001 for a few years (the shots were free at work), and I got sick each time. Haven't had one since 2004, and haven't had the flu since. The same thing happened with my scientist/Phd brother, who also knows that it shouldn't happen...
It can’t happen. It’s either an immune response from the vaccine that gives flu-like symptoms (not the flu) or it’s a coincidence that you got the flu the same year as you for the vaccine. If it really was the flu, you would have gotten it even if you didn’t get the vaccine.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can’t happen. It’s either an immune response from the vaccine that gives flu-like symptoms (not the flu) or it’s a coincidence that you got the flu the same year as you for the vaccine. If it really was the flu, you would have gotten it even if you didn’t get the vaccine.
You're correct--I never got tested as to whether or not it was the flu that I was experiencing after the vaccinations, or just experiencing flu-like symptoms. Immune response? Perhaps. But that is why I don't get them, because they don't protect me from the symptoms I experience. Ditto my brother.

As far as the other option you present, it is Leroy Jethro Gibbs who said "No such thing as a coincidence." (I don't know if the character is spelled Leroy, or as my dad spelled his own name, LeRoy.)

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iiS84hOJXh1Pq.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom