anyone else here have rotator cuff surgery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my right roto cuff repaired by Dr Low at McBride Clinic maybe 6 years ago. he did an excellent job,but I remember the PT seemed to take forever.
But it was worth it. prolly need to have the left one done, but not ready. I haven't had it checked out though.

Dr. Low And Scott Rose are great. I've had a Shoulder and and knee fixed and dad has had bilateral prosthetic knees, a stenosis (back) and three shoulder surgeries all from Dr. Low. Of all, the Shoulders are the worst. Mine was an AC Joint fix and a couple tears mended. Dad went all out with bone anchors and reattachments. He got overzealous and tore one loose... Hence the "three" instead of "two" shoulder surgeries...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 6 knee surgeries and one shoulder. I will have my knee replaced before I do my shoulder if possible. I have been told my shoulder needs to be done again, it has 7 spurs in it, and it will be a cold day in hell before I do my shoulder again. Had a bad bad experience the first time, may have been a bad surgeon, but it was bad enough that I don't want to risk it again. He took the joint apart, honed it out, removed the bursa, cut off the end of my collarbone, and repaired the rotator cuff. Took me two weeks to be able to lift my arm up enough to get deodorant on. I have about a 7" scar, and it hurts constantly. The thought of losing the use of my arm freaks me out, and it was bad enough I wondered if I would be able to use it again. They swear they can scope it, but I am really leary.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not rotator cuff, but I had a labrum repair attempted last Sept. It was a disaster. I had reconstruction (ACLR & PCLR) with 4 anchors in Dec. I'm still in therapy, have about 60% of my range of motion back, very little strength and constant pain. I'm not confident everything is right but it's far better than it was back in Oct/Nov. And everytime it rains it feels like it's about to burst from the inside out.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Still can't get use to sitting still. Sleeping less than 3-4 hours a night and thats getting up about the same number of times. Teas, pills and early off on the tube don't seem to help...

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still can't get use to sitting still. Sleeping less than 3-4 hours a night and thats getting up about the same number of times. Teas, pills and early off on the tube don't seem to help...
Sleeping is still a huge issue to me. I sleep in a recliner with some kind of lean to my right. I can't have any pressure of my left shoulder. I sleep about 60-90 minutes at a time for 3-4 hours a night total and then usually another hour or two as soon as I get home from work of out of therapy. The only thing that helped was Hydrocodone. But with all the trouble I had getting off that stuff, I won't take them now.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bit the bullet on day 5, they made me feel too good. I was either going to hurt myself or get hooked. Can't afford either one...
That was a good decision on your part. I attempted to stop cold turkey after taking them daily for 7 months. I learned real quick what a physical dependence was. The following month was probably the worst of my life. I'm scared to death of them now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom