Anyone need any rabbits/hogs culled?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moved up here from Arizona where BLM land and rabbit hunting is plentiful, there are rabbits here but everything is privately owned and I would like to do some more hunting that's not deer or turkey. Anybody in the state need rabbits or hogs culled? I have no problem driving wherever, giving you the meat or rabbit pelts if you want them I just want to hunt. I know it's a long shot since people pay others to hunt hogs on their property but worth a try.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see these posts from time to time. We own several large farms and in my lifetime one man was allowed to hunt on us till he died. I was 15 years old when the man drove up and talked to the man that raised me “step dad”. Few days later the guy came back and started cleaning fence lines.

Years later I found out he was the only person who ever drove up and asked to work on the places so he could hunt. He died in 1998, He worked every year cleaning fence lines, for the privilege of hunting on over 6000 acres. He initially thought the place he was asking about was a couple hundred acres.

So might I suggest you ask if you could work for the privilege instead of just asking for free hunting rights. Over my life hundreds or more have stopped to ask. Only one ever asked if he could earn the privilege.

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see these posts from time to time. We own several large farms and in my lifetime one man was allowed to hunt on us till he died. I was 15 years old when the man drove up and talked to the man that raised me “step dad”. Few days later the guy came back and started cleaning fence lines.

Years later I found out he was the only person who ever drove up and asked to work on the places so he could hunt. He died in 1998, He worked every year cleaning fence lines, for the privilege of hunting on over 6000 acres. He initially thought the place he was asking about was a couple hundred acres.

So might I suggest you ask if you could work for the privilege instead of just asking for free hunting rights. Over my life hundreds or more have stopped to ask. Only one ever asked if he could earn the privilege.
I have no problem working for it. I've never lived in a place that had so much privately owned land so the social etiquette is still new to me. I've asked a couple people to fish their ponds here locally and they all said yes so I assumed hunting might be the same but I have NO problem earning it and being grateful by working for it.

Where im from farmers and ranchers pay others to come hunt the nuisances on their property, I get im in a different place now, just learning the differences as I go.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have no problem working for it. I've never lived in a place that had so much privately owned land so the etiquette and social nuisances are still new to me. I've asked a couple people to fish their ponds here locally and they all said yes so I assumed hunting might be the same but I have NO problem earning it and being grateful by working for it.

Where im from farmers and ranchers pay others to come hunt the nuisances on their property, I get im in a different place now, just learning the differences as I go.
It's definitely going to be a new experience as far as landowners go here. Money being the source of the difference. Farmers and ranchers have hog problems and want them gone, but they want to charge folks to come shoot them lol. Farmers and ranchers have deer problems, but they want to charge folks to come shoot them. Outfitters and guides have really messed up the situation for common folks who used to just be able to ask for permission and get it. Outfitters show up and throw thousands of dollars at a landowner and of course they take it, can't blame the landowner whatsoever. Some landowners don't want outfitters on their place, but still don't mind the extra cash, again, I can't blame them. So they lease their land, but at the prices they were going to get from the outfitters lol. Waterfowl, deer, turkey, quail and pheasant are all like that now. Most leases being year around, and with rabbit and squirrel going on during deer season, that rules out a ton of private land. Sure there are landowners who still give permission and don't charge, but they are far far far far and few between anymore. 99% of the time, it's all about the money now. I can't fault a landowners for it though.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have thought your offer to give the landowner all the meat and hide you took would have been evidence enough that you didn't want something for nothing ... 🤷 People hunted my grandad's acreage all the time and shared their take with him. After asking permission to hunt, of course. Different time, I know ...

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have thought your offer to give the landowner all the meat and hide you took would have been evidence enough that you didn't want something for nothing ... 🤷 People hunted my grandad's acreage all the time and shared their take with him. After asking permission to hunt, of course. Different time, I know ...
Yes i dont want anything but the experience of doing it. Never got a feral hog before and its on my bucket list.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@cj442332 what we lack In Blm land, we make up with having public hunting land. we have public land all over the state, and there’s good hunting to be had. I’ve always wanted to find some private land to trade work for hunting rights,but I’ve never been comfortable with banging on someone’s door unannounced and asking. There’s lots of hogs on public land too, but I’ve found that they are pressured pretty heavily and can be hard to find. Where are you located?

BoomerSoonerOUalways

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@cj442332 what we lack In Blm land, we make up with having public hunting land. we have public land all over the state, and there’s good hunting to be had. I’ve always wanted to find some private land to trade work for hunting rights,but I’ve never been comfortable with banging on someone’s door unannounced and asking. There’s lots of hogs on public land too, but I’ve found that they are pressured pretty heavily and can be hard to find. Where are you located?
Norman/moore area

jollyrancher

Marksman
Reaction score
Mr. Glock has given you excellent advice. Offer to work for it. Don't offer the meat, most of my people around here won't eat it. We raise cattle for a living; we'd rather grab a t-bone out of the freezer. And another tip. Don't show up at their door acting like you're doing them a favor by getting rid of pests. I get that alot with coyote hunters. Almost every farmer I know in my area has a coyote rifle in the truck. We can handle our own problems. Heck, I got 4 of them little demon spawns yesterday. Contrary to what was said above, money isn't what we're after. I lease none of my ground. The three biggest operators in my area are close friends. Actually, one of them is family. Nobody has their ground leased out. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not the norm in my backyard. It's about respect. All of us has allowed outsiders access to our land. Nothing but headaches: trash, driving across our wheat, gates left open, etc. We're done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom