Anyone prepping with food allergies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone prepping with food allergies? I'm starting to put together a BOB, and I'm thinking MREs, but my wife and son have food allergies. They both have epi-pens, son is allergic to dairy/egg/peanuts, and we still haven't figured out what gave my wife an anaphylactic reaction. I've done a little searching for allergy-free MREs and found a few, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a big believer in MRE's. We can, dehydrate, or vacuum seal most of what we grow / raise. No pesticides or hormones. Wife has some severe food allergies and several moderate ones. Has not had any problems using our fresh non-commercially processed foods. Kind of makes me say, "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

SingleShot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my kids developed significant food allergies over the past 2 years. No Soy, Wheat, Corn, peanuts, potatoes, tomatoes, etc, etc. This has had a major impact on the food items i stock. She can still eat chicken, beef, ham, green veggies, and a few other items. Wife and I have become pretty diligent on what we purchase. There are a few items that Walmart supplies, Aldi has canned ham that doesn't have additives, and it's got a 4 year shelf life!

As far as freeze-dried / dehydrated supplies go, we've been able to find items from Noah's Pantry and The Ready Store.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son has a peanut allergy. I sent mountain house an email requesting product information and received email back stating that they were a peanut and tree nut free facitliy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom