Anyone who plans to open carry ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is that I probably wont be shopping the first week in Nov. If there are people who want to do all the in your face carry non-sense I'm sure it will occur the first week its allowed. I would also imagine that PD's will be fully staffed for the first little while to handle all the calls about the sheeple being afraid. Buy your holsters now before wait times jump through the roof!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...If you want to keep your 2A rights and you want to continue to distance your rights from the "control your guns" side of this you should give another thought to the "In Your Face" issue Pinkhamr brings up. Remember folks, Soccer Moms vote! As do many folks that don't give a lot of thought to the gun control issues in general but if you annoy this folks with an over inflated ego and flaunt your OC gun these folks may jump from the political fence they ride into the open arms of the gun control lobby. And if you don't think a mother will do what ever they can to protect their children you need to read some new books.

Which is - of course - how folks responded in all the states that already have OC. Why soccer mom's are regularly marching the streets in places like AZ, VA, VT, WY, MT and ID.

...Just OC with confidence, compassion, respect, maturity and dignity. Don't push the issue too hard.

That's good advice - though it is a bit disconcerting that one would find it necessary to diseminate it.

I just can't get over the number of people that somehow think that gun owners in OK compared to gun owners in other states are a bunch of rowdy rambo wannabees just itching to to have drunken showdowns in the streets. M'thinks there may be not a little self projection going on.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is that I probably wont be shopping the first week in Nov. If there are people who want to do all the in your face carry non-sense I'm sure it will occur the first week its allowed. I would also imagine that PD's will be fully staffed for the first little while to handle all the calls about the sheeple being afraid. Buy your holsters now before wait times jump through the roof!

So let me see if I've got this right? You're afraid of law abiding citizens, vetted by the city, county, state and federal governments as certified good guys because for some reason carrying openly instead of concealed is gonna all of a sudden turn 'em all into dangerous raving lunatics who the cops are gonna be so afraid of that blood will run in the streets until the new wears off.

Yeah...

That makes sense...

OK - now that I got that out of my system I predict there won't be one single incident that results in the arrest of one single person for open carry in the 1st week in November. The cops in some cities will hassle the citizens but after a while they'll get tired of it, the soccer moms and the hoplophobes will get used to it and all will be copacetic. At some point even the died in the wool CCW'rs who ran around waiting for the sky to fall will stop looking up and their fear will fade away.

OC - a bunch of hoopla about nothing.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - now that I got that out of my system I predict there won't be one single incident that results in the arrest of one single person for open carry in the 1st week in November. The cops in some cities will hassle the citizens but after a while they'll get tired of it, the soccer moms and the hoplophobes will get used to it and all will be copacetic. At some point even the died in the wool CCW'rs who ran around waiting for the sky to fall will stop looking up and their fear will fade away.

OC - a bunch of hoopla about nothing.

I predict that your prediction will be 100% correct.

Much ado about nothing.

Michael Brown

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to carry my ivory handled engraved Colts one day and wear my Stetson, frock coat and boots. The next day I'm going to strap on my Broomhandle Mauser and wear an ascot and my English shooting jacket. I'll change accents and personalities depending on which gun I opt to show off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom