Apple store may equal corporate scammer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no qualms saying I can't stand Apple. IMHO you pay a premium to be told what to like and be limited in how you use it and potentially even make repairs. If you like their product it's your choice, same as your choice to buy a Ford vs a Honda or a Mercedes. I like the ability to do most anything I want with a device up to and including making changes in the OS and for computers making upgrades as I see fit. But seeing the below video may make you think twice about what you will go for.

The bad thing is that a lot of stuff is also going this route. One that a lot of rural people will have heard is John Deere and the inability to troubleshoot and repair. I loved the analogy used in the video though about buying aftermarket tires and having your car suddenly stop working. It's time to start talking with wallets here the billion dollar repair business that the manufacturers are creating is going too far.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use the 4 Rs of the environmental movement against these companies.

Repair
Reuse
Reduce
Recycle

It actually makes a lot of sense, even with bunny hugger train of thougt. Reducing your carbon foot print, saving the whales etc.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like now you can't put in a aftermarket radio in a vehicle without spending alot on bypasses or taking it in the dealer to have it done and hundreds of dollars, and the vehicle manufactures claiming makes it harder to steal factory radios. 1 why would somebody steal a factory OEM radio out of a car, 2 if they want it one way or another they get it and make it work, right now there is a work around GM's theft lock call a number, get a code call another number with said code it gives the unlock code, so now anybody can use that stolen radio. Now my factory radio in my car is screwy, screen is dim, sometimes changes station after shutting car off and back on, and sometimes the screen won't work. Can get a factory replacement with a aux port but then yup take to dealership to have it flashed so it works in the car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom