Arby's Super Reuben

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, say it ain't so!

Anyways... this thread (and the "blah" Arby's Super Reuben) got me fired up... today I went to the store and bought up all the fixins for reuben sammiches.

Last night I bought pizza for everyone... tonight, I'm making reubens! :D Got me some New York Rye and some pumpernickel (for those who don't like rye), some Thousand Island (couldn't find any Russian and I was in a hurry), a coupla pounds of corned beef and Baby Swiss, some chilled Classen Kosher dills (for the side, not for the sammiches) and some GULDEN'S spicy mustard! The only disappointment was that I couldn't find Hebrew National sauerkraut and had to go with one of the off-the-shelf ones. I'm sure the kraut won't be the star of the show, and none of the ingredients are probably up to the standards of our resident 1%ers like J.B. or Cohiba, and I know Ridge would turn his nose up at them, as all the ingredients were purchased at WalMart. But hey... I was in a hurry, and didn't want to be late for work.

So we shall see... after eating that thing from Arby's, there's no way in hell it can be worse than that. Not that it is impossible, but just smelling the corned beef and Swiss I got, and the rye, I know it is going to be better. Hands'-down.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get off work early enough tomorrow to run by the store and pick up the Reuben ingredients. FWIW, Arby's is a short walk across the parking lot from my work, so it'll do most days. But now I feel like my brain must be misfiring for liking the Super Reuben so much. Y'all must have $hitty Arbys.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get off work early enough tomorrow to run by the store and pick up the Reuben ingredients. FWIW, Arby's is a short walk across the parking lot from my work, so it'll do most days. But now I feel like my brain must be misfiring for liking the Super Reuben so much. Y'all must have $hitty Arbys.

I tried one after you posted this. Not the best one I ever ate, but not bad for a fast food place. I'd have another.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, got hammered at work last night (gol' darn full moon PLUS solar flares apparently equates to hell in the ER), so I didn't get to make my reubens. Everything sat in the fridge and is ready for tonight, though. Keeping my fingers crossed...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, got hammered at work last night (gol' darn full moon PLUS solar flares apparently equates to hell in the ER), so I didn't get to make my reubens. Everything sat in the fridge and is ready for tonight, though. Keeping my fingers crossed...

For a moment I thought you meant drunk at work in the ER.

Latest posts

Top Bottom