Arkansas concealed carry and P.I. weapon carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightsonge

New to the site!
Reaction score
There are other differences between AR and OK, I live on the border so I have to be aware of each's laws. Park carry is the one that upsets me. In OK the SDA overides all other state, county and municipal authorities in regards to where a CCW is permitted, as it states you may carry in city,county and state parks and recreational areas, you may do so, regardless of signs, they don't apply to a liscense holder for CCW. For example, my local city park has a sign stating NO FIREARMS, that does not apply to a Licensed legal concealed weapon. In AR on the other hand, you may carry in CITY parks IF they are NOT posted, and some are FEDERAL parks, in which carry is also FORBIDDEN, though they have no signage to let you know they are Federal property. So if you plan on hitting a park check before hand to find out what kind of park it is, and whether carry is permitted.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are other differences between AR and OK, I live on the border so I have to be aware of each's laws. Park carry is the one that upsets me. In OK the SDA overides all other state, county and municipal authorities in regards to where a CCW is permitted, as it states you may carry in city,county and state parks and recreational areas, you may do so, regardless of signs, they don't apply to a liscense holder for CCW. For example, my local city park has a sign stating NO FIREARMS, that does not apply to a Licensed legal concealed weapon. In AR on the other hand, you may carry in CITY parks IF they are NOT posted, and some are FEDERAL parks, in which carry is also FORBIDDEN, though they have no signage to let you know they are Federal property. So if you plan on hitting a park check before hand to find out what kind of park it is, and whether carry is permitted.

thought you could carry in federal parks now?

Nightsonge

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm never in Federal parks, so I've not paid much attention to updates on legal carry there, except to note that some of AR's Federal parks aren't posted. Best bet regarding the Park service here, call first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom