AT&T store in Midwest City at Town Center MASK MANDATE sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, yes...

...AT&T service.

Back almost 20 years ago, we moved from AT&T to Verizon. AT&T's service was great, if you didn't want to get your voice messages for days on end, or if you really wanted someone to hang up right in the middle of a call. I also found it great that if I wanted to take or make a phone call, I had to walk outside of our house to do so, and even then, it was iffy as to whether I would get the call completed.

At that time, we were also having issues with our AtLink internet service being spotty as well. (Lived just south of the river between Mustang and Tuttle.) We heard about Verizon's MiFi system and went to inquire about it. When I spoke of our issues with phone service, the salesman told us that if the MiFi didn't work because of poor signals, that we could take it back. Long story short, it worked fine, so the next time our phone's contract ended, we went to Verizon. Been with them ever since, including our time in Colorado, Oregon, and Utah. The only times we had issues was if a mountain ridge was between us and the cell towers.

I have 7 lines zero issues.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be the same SW Bell that had corporate officers sent to the federal penitentiary over bribing Oklahoma officials and paid back pennies on the dollar as a settlement over routinely overcharging Oklahoma rate payers?

AT$T can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

If only we could only do business with companies with perfectly ethical execs. Oh, wait, ive been around enough of them to know they don’t exist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't caught those rascals yet but I’ll keep my eye out!

I just answered the fellers question as to why I was visiting the death globe of blue hue as he called it.
We traveled 13 states last year meeting up with RV friends along the way from Brownsville Tx to the Canadian border in Montana.
Some have Verizon, some have T-mobile and we have AT&T. They are always having connection issues. We don’t.
Our current location only supports AT&T. No signal from any other carrier.
If one lives in an urban environment with towers every couple miles one certainly has choices but in our situation where we are more than likely in remote locations miles away from urban areas, AT&T works the best for us.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We traveled 13 states last year meeting up with RV friends along the way from Brownsville Tx to the Canadian border in Montana meeting up with our RV friends along the way.
Some have Verizon, some have T-mobile and we have AT&T. They are always having connection issues. We don’t.
Our current location only supports AT&T. No signal from any other carrier.
If one lives in an urban environment with towers every couple miles one certainly has choices but in our situation where we are more than likely in remote locations miles away from urban areas, AT&T works the best for us.
Unless youre in Orofino, ID, haha. That is the only place I have found where I had no signal on AT&T while Verizon had perfect signal. Granted this was 8-9 years ago, but Verizon was the only one with towers to the valley. I had to drive to the ridge just outside of town and then got solid reception. No cell service unless on WiFi and sitting in Bob Rodgers workshop building 1911s made it one of my favorite vacations as an adult.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as cases go, if people had to pay $200 cash for the China virus test that would be the end of the “pandemic”. As long as it’s free people will keep testing every time they get the sniffles.

Obama was smart in 2009 when he withheld testing for bird flu, prevented the panic. Lots got it and just thought it was flu or a bad cold.
back in ther old west, a working cowboy got a job spending the winter in a line shack in the Rockies, taking care of a heard of cattle. He spent several months snowed in, with only one book to read, a medical adviser! By spring he was afflicted with every disease know to man! The power of suggestion is great!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless youre in Orofino, ID, haha. That is the only place I have found where I had no signal on AT&T while Verizon had perfect signal. Granted this was 8-9 years ago, but Verizon was the only one with towers to the valley. I had to drive to the ridge just outside of town and then got solid reception. No cell service unless on WiFi and sitting in Bob Rodgers workshop building 1911s made it one of my favorite vacations as an adult.
Where I live in Midwest City (OK) a cell tower stands maybe 1/4 mile away from me, yet I have zero connection through AT&T. I had to cancel my newly established service with them and go with T-Mobile which uses the same cell tower, giving me 3-bars on my phone. Just one of those weird little [AT&T] 'dead-zones' I guess :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where I live in Midwest City (OK) a cell tower stands maybe 1/4 mile away from me, yet I have zero connection through AT&T. I had to cancel my newly established service with them and go with T-Mobile which uses the same cell tower, giving me 3-bars on my phone. Just one of those weird little [AT&T] 'dead-zones' I guess :anyone:
It could have very well been a cell tower that didn't transmit AT&T. There are dedicated towers out there although most carriers from what I understand share the towers in rural areas to save money building their own.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, at least they've cured the common cold. There's not been much mention of it the past few years. Kudos to "they"!!

:hypnotize:

Latest posts

Top Bottom