ATF Approves CHL for BGC in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several things may cause this like a former arrest (no conviction) or someone with a same/similar name.
Were this me, I’d apply for a UPIN # in order to clear the FBI NICS check quickly.

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/what-is-a-upin

Sucks that we have to do this at all, I agree. But maybe make the best with what we’ve got for now.
I had been told some time ago that my prior military service connected TS clearance would trigger a delay and further “administrative” review…..just another “thank you” from our government.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had been told some time ago that my prior military service connected TS clearance would trigger a delay and further “administrative” review…..just another “thank you” from our government.

I've had a military top secret clearance in my past and I've never been delayed.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You answered my question. Makes sense now.
So do ppl still get the c-card? If so why?
I know, most states have the reciprocity act.
I renew mine because I still have family to visit in the people’s republic of michigan, unfortunately….
As far as I know, if you take a handgun into that state without a physical, state issued card, you go to jail.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, there is still a card to carry, and that is why you occasionally see a question as to how long someone's application period is before receiving their card. As for why, there is the reciprocity aspect and one still needs the permit to carry concealed.

As for me, I like having the card because I refuse to carry openly, and I still want the option of using another state's reciprocity agreement with Oklahoma.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Reciprocity​

States that Honor Oklahoma's Handgun Licenses​

The states in blue have honored Oklahoma's handgun permits, the states in green honor Oklahoma's permits with "Special Conditions", and the states in red do not have a reciprocity agreement (at this time) however; each state regulates firearms law differently and there is no obligation for one state to inform another of any changes to its law; therefore, we suggest that you verify this information prior to travel. In an effort to make this process more convenient, links for each of these states have been provided for you to check the status of reciprocity and proper procedure with each state through which you may be traveling prior to your departure. Click here to see a list of states and their corresponding websites. Please note that states that have no reciprocity agreement with Oklahoma are not listed. If you are planning on traveling to or through one of those states, it is advised to check the firearm/carry laws of those states before traveling.

https://tacticalgear.com/experts/constitutional-carry-and-ccw-permits-all-50-states-reviewedHere is a list of Constitutional Carry states

Attachments

• IMG_1752.png
    IMG_1752.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 0

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there is still a card to carry, and that is why you occasionally see a question as to how long someone's application period is before receiving their card. As for why, there is the reciprocity aspect and one still needs the permit to carry concealed.

As for me, I like having the card because I refuse to carry openly, and I still want the option of using another state's reciprocity agreement with Oklahoma.
There is no such card/license requirement to conceal carry in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news, but I’m screwed. Card issued 2016, renew 2026.
I’m one that gets delayed every time as well.
November 2018 for my 10 year license. I won't go buy a gun at the store on Monday or Friday cause I get delayed every time on those days of the week. Any other day....no problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom