ATF SWAT Team Raids Part-Time Oklahoma FFL’s Home, Confiscates His Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2006-2016. In there
The ATF for 98% of its history has been a dog off a chain. Carter used them to aggressively go after FFL’s in the 70’s they were briefly reigned in after Reagan signed the FOPA into law and at the same time the Hughes Amendment closed the door on the registration of new machine guns for private ownership. Overall though the FOPA still did more good than harm for citizens who own guns and reeled in the ATF a little bit.

Bush and Clinton same story , more executive orders and the ATF acting making up rules as they go, Clinton was responsible for shutting down FFL’s wholesale. Baby Bush signed executive orders and would have the AWB renewal had congress passed it, cause well sporting purposes. Don’t forget Obama and Trump too .

I don’t remember ATF ever being on the side of the citizens in my lifetime or enforcing the law as it was passed and in an even handed manner.

The jokes abound about them killing dogs women and children, but some of us are old enough to remember all that unfold on the nightly news and some of are old enough to remember but we choose not to.

These people make up the rules as they go and they change them on a whim.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF for 98% of its history has been a dog off a chain. Carter used them to aggressively go after FFL’s in the 70’s they were briefly reigned in after Reagan signed the FOPA into law and at the same time the Hughes Amendment closed the door on the registration of new machine guns for private ownership. Overall though the FOPA still did more good than harm for citizens who own guns and reeled in the ATF a little bit.

Bush and Clinton same story , more executive orders and the ATF acting making up rules as they go, Clinton was responsible for shutting down FFL’s wholesale. Baby Bush signed executive orders and would have the AWB renewal had congress passed it, cause well sporting purposes. Don’t forget Obama and Trump too .

I don’t remember ATF ever being on the side of the citizens in my lifetime or enforcing the law as it was passed and in an even handed manner.

The jokes abound about them killing dogs women and children, but some of us are old enough to remember all that unfold on the nightly news and some of are old enough to remember but we choose not to.

These people make up the rules as they go and they change them on a whim.
How many aft agents have you had in front of you and dealt with personally? And how much of those interactions have shaped your viewpoint of the ATF?
This is all I’m adding to the story.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many aft agents have you had in front of you and dealt with personally? And how much of those interactions have shaped your viewpoint of the ATF?
This is all I’m adding to the story.

I have no doubt some of them are very amenable as I am certain there were some wonderfully pleasant gestapo and nkvd agents in WWII also .

People generally know you by the company you’ve kept and and by their actions .

1972 to current day there's a decent track record of them shitting on the rights of citizens all I need to know

Last edited:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Policies and political appointees are the issue. A lot of the agents themselves are just good ol boys with LEA degrees that decided to go Fed vs a local dept.

1689688559965.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom