ATF Toy Gun Confiscation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quote from the video.

Agent Cren$h!tforbrains stated that with minimal modifications, these can be converted into "military grade weapons". What are they going to put a real upper on it? If they did would the lower even fire a real primer?

I don't even know what to say to this level of ignorance. :faint:

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way a airsoft can be converted to fire centerfire ammunition. This Crenshaw moron is the special agent in charge of the seattle ATF office is full of it.

There is going to be so many videos of people proving how far fetched this is, I can not wait to see them. If I owned a airsoft I would do it.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Airsofts in question are apparently Tokyo Marui WE M4s which really *are* nearly $400 each on the retail market. Supposedly an accurate enough portrayal of the M4 to be used as a trainer. They're strictly compressed gas gizmos though, which makes me wonder how the smack you'd make it fire a real round.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wonder if the lower is so realistic that the ATF believes a real upper could be put on it and fired. If so, they would have a point. But, they should provide proof of this immediately. Like RETOKSQUID said, Crenshaw should have no problem modifying the airsoft and demonstrating it for the court.

tb556

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wonder if the lower is so realistic that the ATF believes a real upper could be put on it and fired. If so, they would have a point. But, they should provide proof of this immediately. Like RETOKSQUID said, Crenshaw should have no problem modifying the airsoft and demonstrating it for the court.

I'd like to see a demonstration as well. If it takes more modification to turn it into a machine gun than it would on an ordinary AR-15, I don't think the ATF has a valid argument.

This doesn't look right to me.

ai45.tinypic.com_j79r84.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom