Automation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I was actually thinking about starting a thread on trade, since it seems that Trump is starting to make an attempt to put more of his trade agenda in place. I see a lot of rookie mistakes that people make often when talking about trade--technical mistakes not political ones, like only focusing on the goods and services balance and ignoring the financial account, or forgetting that a large amount or imports are also parts used in production like car parts, oil drill bits, etc--and thought I might be able to add something. (I do not mean that in a condescending way on any level. I probably just have an unhealthy obsession with the issue.)

I don't know if anyone would care or not. Obviously there could be lots of winners and losers and I assume we all have jobs, businesses and families that we care about. As an example, thousands of Oklahoma businesses sell their products abroad and many tens of thousands of Oklahomans are employed in these very businesses. As of 2012, Mexico alone bought $560 million in goods produced by Oklahomans from over 700 firms that call the state home.

IMG_1723.JPG

Regardless of where you stand on the issue it's worth knowing the actual risks at stake, that way we can all be more informed citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom