Bad News in the 10th Circuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just goes to show that judges and justices can find precedent to support whatever the political climate values.

Politics are what matter. Never forget that. Support your organizations and stay involved.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So for the not so legalese speaking....what does this mean?

For us in OK, nothing. We are a shall issue state because we want to be. It may ultimately effect reciprocity in more restrictive states, depending on how SCOTUS rules. I don't think they can or will ignore two directly opposing rulings in the 7th and 10th Circuit courts.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“In light of our nation’s extensive practice of restricting citizens’ freedom to carry firearms in a concealed manner, we hold that this activity does not fall within the scope of the Second Amendment’s protections.”

The opinion seems to be based on an assumption that doesn't hold water.

Are the justices of the 10th circuit unaware that - what - 38 states or so are SHALL ISSUE states.
That hardly seems like an extensive practice of restricting a citizen's freedom to carry a concealed firearm unless one considers having to ask permission from a governing body a restriction.

Not being a lawyer one must assume that somewhere there are dots that one cannot connect without being a legal eagle.

Would someone connect those dots for me?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know...

I try to stay squarely on middle ground with respect to Left/Right sides of issues, but $#!+ like this (and all the other constitutional violations of the past few years) is starting to make me lose a little bit of hope for this country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom