Bad paint job by my local gunshop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDCGUNROOM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed. I thought it was your work, not ours. That's why I made the Krylon comment. I would not have been happy with it either. If you choose to sulk off, so be it. No one "tried to take advantage of you". You paid for the lowest quality and lowest priced coating we offer. No matter how good or bad the work is, it will never be the same as cerakote or a real park job. Alumahide is just high-quality spray paint, nothing else.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed. I thought it was your work, not ours. That's why I made the Krylon comment. I would not have been happy with it either. If you choose to sulk off, so be it. No one "tried to take advantage of you". You paid for the lowest quality and lowest priced coating we offer. No matter how good or bad the work is, it will never be the same as cerakote or a real park job. Alumahide is just high-quality spray paint, nothing else.
I understand it wasn't an expensive job. I knew it wasn't gonna look like cerakote. But I didn't know it would look that bad either. The reason I say I was taken advantage of us because he didn't put any effort into it whatsoever. Very little time was even put into it. Even though it wasn't an expensive job, it at least should have been done right. Not half way. That is the point I am trying to make. Look, I like your shop and was really excited for the new one. But when I am basically being called a chicken S and a liar, it's hard for me to want to come there anymore. But I don't want to argue about it. It's over. I didn't post this to try and throw you and your company under the bus. That's not the kind of person I am. I didn't want to even mention where this happened at. But you are right about the fact that I didn't say anything. That was wrong if me.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say he shouldn't have out right named the shop if he didn't give them a chance to fix it, but if the shop is worth its salt he would offer to fix it and make it right. He stated he noticed it didn't look right and thought tonykane1 did it himself. I will say it doesn't make me want to come into his shop and spend any money.

LeatherDoctor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you were for having him take it back not look like a battle rifle?

I am for taking it back because he paid for someone to do it. I don't know the specifics of their agreement, but i wouldn't personally want to pay for that. Thats why I referenced my $7 paint job on mine, done by me, knowing im gonna have some stuff scrape off. But again, I don't have an Arsenal either. Though my go to, the AK has a face only a mother could love anyways lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom