Be careful in thunder alley..... Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks that your kid had to be there. I'm sure others kids were there too. I hope it doesn't discourage him/them from wanting to continue to go to what should be a great time for the family.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either way, if others were allowed to legally carry, they might have been able to stop the shooter before he injured so many, or others may have been shot because of the panic in such a crowd, if those armed chose to fire at the bad guy.

Since it was outside the arena, you are legal to carry.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like a very unlikely place to "legally" carry. The bars in Bricktown's primary business is alcohol related, no carry allowed. The game itself is a public sporting event, so no carry allowed. How does the parking lot of a public sporting event rate as far as CCW ?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Since it was outside the arena, you are legal to carry.

I understand that.

In context, I was saying, if others were allowed to legally carry (at the sporting event), ...they would have had their guns outside where the shooting happened.

If you cannot carry into a sporting event, it is kind of hard to have your weapon when you leave the event, and you are in a big crowd, where you might need it.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that.

In context, I was saying, if others were allowed to legally carry (at the sporting event), ...they would have had their guns outside where the shooting happened.

If you cannot carry into a sporting event, it is kind of hard to have your weapon when you leave the event, and you are in a big crowd, where you might need it.

I completely agree with you. I was looking at it as if you were just going to Thunder Alley but not inside to the game, you would be able to carry.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the arena private or public property? Who handles security inside? Outside? What was the level of OKC police presence? Did they have mounted patrols?

Latest posts

Top Bottom