Best College Football Rivalry (OU)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best OU Rivalry

• OU VS NEBRASKA

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • OU VS OSU

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • OU VS TEXAS

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Loved the OU-Neb game, the day after Thanksgiving, I would usually be in Neb pheasant hunting. Good folks up there to watchthe game with and some good respectfull verbal gouging back and forth.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an old timer, and I agree OU vs Nebraska.

Me,too. And those Thanksgiving Day games back in the early '70's with Nebraska--the women of the house knew that if you called the men (and boys) into the kitchen to get their food, it had better be before the game, after the game, or during halftime, but not DURING the game, because otherwise we wouldn't have left our seats in front of the Tube.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always enjoyed watching the OU\Nebraska games back in the day since there was a pretty good chance OU would get their asses handed to them on a platter.

I've since mellowed. Unlike others around here.

F

fredkrueger

OU and Nebraska was a great rivalry. They had some memorable games. I still have many of them on VHS. But Nebraska did put the whippin on us a lot. But it was still a great rivalry. I love OU/Texas weekend though. There is nothing else like it. The atmosphere down in the big D is fantastic. But it sure does suck if the sooner's lose. Back in the 90's it wasn't the greatest because OU pretty much sucked but it was still fun to go to the game. I have heard of people saying that they should move it to Jerry's world but I think that would be a huge mistake. It should forever remain at the cotton bowl.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys do realize that Switzer owned Tom Osborne right? In fact...

Switzer was 3-0-1 against Darrell Royal, 12-5 against Tom Osborne, 5-3 against Jimmy Johnson, 2-0 against Bobby Bowden and 1-0 against Joe Paterno and Woody Hayes

Latest posts

Top Bottom