Best College Football Rivalry (OU)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best OU Rivalry

• OU VS NEBRASKA

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • OU VS OSU

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • OU VS TEXAS

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im an OSU fan and STILL remember the rivalries of OU/neb. OU/Texas is usually a good one to watch and Bedlam is getting more interesting as OSU is finally trying to become a national team. My vote is for OU/Neb for best rivalry though.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking how lucky OU is to have all their fans, unless they are down at the half and the stands empty. I, however, am fortunate not to be an OU fan, and that is mostly caused by OU fans. The actual team at OU is not so lucky to have some of their fans, as it reflects poorly on the school, particularly knowing that many of the most rabid (when the TEAM is winning) fans have never been to the school, or even a game. It is also lucky that the school is called the University of Oklahoma, but somehow the initials were transposed and it became OU. This may be because it is easier for the OU fans to spell OU. UO seems.......difficult.

I am extremely fortunate that the team I support is no longer required to participate in the whinygurlfest that is now the Big 12, or is it 10, no, wait, it tis the Texas and Oklahoma conference.

But mostly i am a fan of the Officials, particularly when they make perfectly legitimate calls that are game-changers and are blamed for months for costing OU the (fill in the blank).
let me go warm you a bottle!!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was thinking how lucky OU is to have all their fans, unless they are down at the half and the stands empty. I, however, am fortunate not to be an OU fan, and that is mostly caused by OU fans. The actual team at OU is not so lucky to have some of their fans, as it reflects poorly on the school, particularly knowing that many of the most rabid (when the TEAM is winning) fans have never been to the school, or even a game. It is also lucky that the school is called the University of Oklahoma, but somehow the initials were transposed and it became OU. This may be because it is easier for the OU fans to spell OU. UO seems.......difficult.

I am extremely fortunate that the team I support is no longer required to participate in the whinygurlfest that is now the Big 12, or is it 10, no, wait, it tis the Texas and Oklahoma conference.

But mostly i am a fan of the Officials, particularly when they make perfectly legitimate calls that are game-changers and are blamed for months for costing OU the (fill in the blank).

^^I vote for this being in the top ten silliest posts this year

So let me see if I understand this, two of the requirements to be a sports team fan are, must have gone to said school and actually been to a game. Well, I guess all of the millions of NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. fans must renounce and shed all team allegience including any branded products to meet wtj's criteria since, I suspect, most have not been to a game.

Oh and the University of Oklahoma is aka Oklahoma University, University of Texas is Texas University, and many more as well as many are represented as one(or two!!) name, Oklahoma, Texas, Nortre Dame, Alabama, and most other colleges. I guess that's done because the student body would have trouble with a second word.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:clap3:
^^I vote for this being in the top ten silliest posts this year

So let me see if I understand this, two of the requirements to be a sports team fan are, must have gone to said school and actually been to a game. Well, I guess all of the millions of NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. fans must renounce and shed all team allegience including any branded products to meet wtj's criteria since, I suspect, most have not been to a game.

Oh and the University of Oklahoma is aka Oklahoma University, University of Texas is Texas University, and many more as well as many are represented as one(or two!!) name, Oklahoma, Texas, Nortre Dame, Alabama, and most other colleges. I guess that's done because the student body would have trouble with a second word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom